US Politics Thread

Odds on Trump announcing his run for 2024 on the next two weeks to try and avoid any criminal charges from the Jan 6 committee findings?

Odds on Trump announcing his run for 2024 on the next two weeks to try and avoid any criminal charges from the Jan 6 committee findings?
If we have another surprise open hearing next week I would say highly likely.

Guess what America? Our high school courses about the checks and balances which keep American Democracy going were totally wrong.

Here's an 2022 update:

The Legislative Branch makes law. The Executive Branch enforces law. And the Judicial Branch interprets tosses out any ruling not to its liking.

The 1/6 testimony is damaging. But it's hearsay - so and so said such and such about this and that. This sort of evidence isn't going to stick.

Remember the Access Hollywood tapes - where Trump bragged about his ability to grab pussy? Remember how that was the death of Trump?

Yeah, me too.
Trump's gonna ride the 1/6 hearings out, because his base is a bunch of fact-denying lunatics, which nonetheless constitute roughly 1/2 of America.

Odds that Trump is the next Republican candidate - 65%. He may decline to run due to health issues. He might not have the guts to face a potential loss. But make not mistake, he's not damaged at all beyond viability in spite of the explosive 1/6 testimony.

Think otherwise? Then tune into Fox, where full scale anti-factual deniability is underway. No die-hard Trump supporter is going to be swayed by fact. And months and months later when it comes time to vote - with out-of-control gas prices...

I'll do you one better, SWP.

Odds on Trump winning the Presidency in 2024? For me, roughly 50-50 right now, all things considered.

But let's see how infuriation of the recent SCOTUS rulings play out - my sense is that sky rocketing gas prices are more important when deciding election outcomes; it's the economy, stupid.

Reactions: mat
State of this - I suspect state after state will be raising the nutter stakes

Wow, looks like there's a whole genre of entertainment I'm missing out on here.

Except it's not really funny is it :-(. (but I still won't be able to resist finding out a bit more about the fella on the end)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.