US Politics Thread

You need to detach Trump and focus on the power that corporations have wielded to ban Trump.

I have said repeatedly that this is about corporate power flexing their muscles and that is dangerous because it can lead to Oligarchy.

That it is Trump, is by the by, the question should be what if the corporations who have now flexed their muscles decide they don't approve of the actions of the next President, or the one after that. That power in the hands of a select few people can be devastating for democracy.

Look pal, I know Trump is a **** and I totally get why people want rid of him, I do too as he is certifiable and his actions have been a disgrace, but and it is my big but, putting trust in corporations over democratic legitimacy is one fucking hell of a slippery slope to go down.
Angela Merkel, of all people, agrees with you Rascal. I agree though, that this probably warrants it’s own thread. However, it’s intrinsically linked to Trump.

It’s possible to agree that Twitter should have banned Trump but also be concerned that Twitter, Instagram and Facebook have all coordinated this as have Apple, Google and Amazon.

I’d also point out that Trump wasn’t banned for ‘infringing Twitter’s CoC for years’. He was banned for the following, as laid out by Twitter themselves;

Feel free to read it in full, but to summarise he was permanently banned for 2 specific tweets which Twitter deemed likely to incite further violence;

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President Tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Last edited:
Fox news trailing Trump addressing the nation live but no other news outlets seem to be mentioning it ??
Originally for 6:30 then 8:15. Now they are simply raising it as a question (will he?). Something going on...

Angela Merkel, of all people, agrees with you Rascal. I agree though, that this probably warrants it’s own thread. However, it’s intrinsically linked to Trump.

It’s possible to agree that Twitter should have banned Trump but also be concerned that Twitter, Instagram and Facebook have all coordinated this as have Apple, Google and Amazon.

I’d also point out that Trump wasn’t banned for ‘infringing Twitter’s CoC for years’. He was banned for the following, as laid out by Twitter themselves;

Feel free to read it in full, but to summarise he was permanently banned for 2 specific tweets which Twitter deemed likely to incite further violence;

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President Tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
. . . And those tweets violated the “Glorification of violence” portion of the code of conduct promulgated (revised, actually) in March 2019.

I agree with your second paragraph about It being possible to worry. I however am not worried. And is counter-factual to imply —- as the poster in question did (not you in this post) — that these companies banned him because they don’t like his politics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.