US Politics Thread

McConnell signed it lol..
Is that his parting shot trying to cozy up to the Trumpers?
Turtle headed ****
Trumpers might struggle with this as they have been schooled to not give a shit about international issues. Many Trump fans are also closet nazis and assuming that they will have sympathy for Israel might not turn out the way they hope.

Trumpers might struggle with this as they have been schooled to not give a shit about international issues. Many Trump fans are also closet nazis and assuming that they will have sympathy for Israel might not turn out the way they hope.
Agree mostly... but isn't pro-Israel no matter what part of MAGA? Or maybe it's just a wedge issue which they hope to use against Democrats.

Agree mostly... but isn't pro-Israel no matter what part of MAGA? Or maybe it's just a wedge issue which they hope to use against Democrats.
I think it's more of the latter. Or there is no real joined up thinking as many of the right wing nut jobs are happily engaged in some very deeply antisemitic conspiracy stuff. Every now and then it bubbles to the surface. Large marge and her Jewish space lasers for example.

I think that most Trump voters and gop operatives probably don't care either way about Israel. But in owning the libs they will argue whatever side seems to work for them.

Remember Kent State, before you enter a discussion on student protest against war.
There are currently protests on UK campuses which are peaceful. There is regular contact between the students and the authorities to try to agree a modus vivendi.
The US authorities react too strongly imho.

Some of us remember... but at the same time, it's been half a century.

Although the US police is still capable of insane bad judgement and violence, something on the scale of Kent State seems - at least to me - extremely unlikely.

I haven't followed the protest topic closely - but from my very peripheral reading of the protests - it seems that university officials are rightly concerned about them. Don't they disrupt campus life and in some cases create a threatening environment for Jewish Americans?

And, also in America, several campuses have quelled the protests by engaging with student protestors.

The astounding irony of this “letter” is that they are committing a crime themselves in threatening the administration of the ICC with sanctions targeting individuals unconnected to the operations of the ICC.

It also should not be lost on anyone that they are correct that the ICC cannot actually enforce any arrest warrants against Israel or the US, as neither are under its jurisdiction (because both countries knew they been committing acts that violated international law), so this threat is simply to stop the recognition of Israel’s offences.

They are threatening illegal sanctions simply to insulate Netanyahu and his far-right regime from public denouncement.

Yet more evidence of the radicalisation of the Republican Party.

To be clear, they are not wrong about the fact the ICC should be issuing arrest warrants for other leaders of other horrific regimes. But that failure is in no way a justification for not doing so now.

Last edited:
I think it's more of the latter. Or there is no real joined up thinking as many of the right wing nut jobs are happily engaged in some very deeply antisemitic conspiracy stuff. Every now and then it bubbles to the surface. Large marge and her Jewish space lasers for example.

I think that most Trump voters and gop operatives probably don't care either way about Israel. But in owning the libs they will argue whatever side seems to work for them.
Indeed, the vast majority of Trumpers at this point actually hold very bigoted, often straight antisemitic views.

But the complicating factor is the significant evangelical (really, white Christian nationalist) influence on the modern GOP, which views Israel as integral to their chances of experiencing “rapture” (and avoiding death), so actively work to support conflict in Israel in order to achieve elements of the biblical prophecies related to the Holy Land.

Most of those see Jewish people as “murders of Jesus” but, at the same time, the Jewish state as a “necessary evil”.

They are deeply twisted, malicious people when you really study their belief systems and actions, even ignoring their contradictory support of the conflict in Israel, Palestine, and the broader region.

Someone help me out... who constitutes the Trump demographic again?
240502-flashpoint-conference-mn-1200-e23840.jpg

Oh, I remember now!

Last edited:
Indeed, the vast majority of Trumpers at this point actually hold very bigoted, often straight antisemitic views.

But the complicating factor is the significant evangelical (really, white Christian nationalist) influence on the modern GOP, which views Israel as integral to their chances of experiencing “rapture” (and avoiding death), so actively work to support conflict in Israel in order to achieve elements of the biblical prophecies related to the Holy Land.

Most of those see Jewish people as “murders of Jesus” but, at the same time, the Jewish state as a “necessary evil”.

They are deeply twisted, malicious people when you really study their belief systems and actions, even ignoring their contradictory support of the conflict in Israel, Palestine, and the broader region.
They do know about Ivanka?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.