USA 2014 Champions tournament

Re: More 2014 friendlies reported

Always fancied going to New York this looks like the perfect opportunity to do it.

Imagine we ended up playing united in a derby out in America. That would be strange.

City in USA July/August 2013, CHAMPIONS Tournament

Just stumbled on this ....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-liverpool-manchester-united-3101196#.Uu1nj_ldV8E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... u1nj_ldV8E</a>

Liverpool will join forces with both Manchester clubs next summer in a bid to crack America.

The three Premier League giants have agreed to take part in the eight-team Champions Cup tournament that will be played across 12 cities in the United States next summer.

Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Roma and Olympiakos will also be involved, with games played over a 10-day period in July and August.

Manchester City's clash with Liverpool in Charlotte, North Carolina on August 2 is the only scheduled game to involve two English clubs - although both could face United in the semi-finals, final, or third-place play-off.

Liverpool have also been drawn to meet Olympiakos in Chicago on July 26, and the Reds face AC Milan in Philadelphia on July 30.

City's other two scheduled games are against AC Milan in Pittsburgh on July 27 and Olympiakos in New York on July 30.

United meet Roma in Denver on July 26, Inter Milan in Pittsburg on July 29 and Real Madrid in Ann Arbor on August 2.

Re: City in USA July/August 2013, CHAMPIONS Tournament

This is awesome news !!

Charlotte is 2 hrs drive from me so it's an excuse for a road trip and meet up with fellow USA based blues .

Genuine offer: if any Blues are thinking of flying over and want any advice just let me know. Charlotte is a cool and decent place with very good night life ...... And a more than acceptable curry house. ;-))

BufordUSABlue said:
This is awesome news !!

Charlotte is 2 hrs drive from me do it's an excuse for a road trip and meet up with fellow USA based blues .

Genuine offer: if any Blues are thinking of flying over and want any advice just let me know. Charlotte is a cool and decent place with very good night life ...... And a decent curry house. ;-))

Charlotte is an 8 hour drive for me, but just booked my accommodation :D So see you there ...

Final will be in Miami (3 hour drive for me), but not sure what dates yet.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:59 pm --<br /><br />
BufordUSABlue said:
This is awesome news !!

Charlotte is 2 hrs drive from me so it's an excuse for a road trip and meet up with fellow USA based blues .

Genuine offer: if any Blues are thinking of flying over and want any advice just let me know. Charlotte is a cool and decent place with very good night life ...... And a more than acceptable curry house. ;-))

..... and some fine entertaining 'Gentlemans' clubs ;)
..... and a good English pub which we could use as a blue base ..... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigbenpub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bigbenpub.com/</a>

Looks like I'll be in Charlotte as it's only an hour away from where I study. I'll just have to change my return flight to the States and cut holidays short by a couple weeks.

Anyone have any idea when tickets will be available? Don't think they will be around too long.

I'll be in Charlotte as well

taconinja said:
Buying tickets for Charlotte the moment they go on sale!

Only this.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:37 pm --<br /><br />
BufordUSABlue said:
This is awesome news !!

What type of vehicle are you driving in that enables you to travel from ATL to Charlotte in 2 hours?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.