USA 2014 Champions tournament

Re: City in USA July/August 2013, CHAMPIONS Tournament

Pittsburgh is a seriously fun town. I can just imagine hitting up some of the bars on the South Side the night before and then a Primanti Brothers sandwich to soak up the alcohol.

Re: More 2014 friendlies reported

buckshot said:
eddiemarin09 said:
buckshot said:
I was born and raised in Lancaster so I kind of like it. For an outsider it might not seem like much but if you know where to go and what to do it's pretty great. Plus, we're close to Philly, NY, Baltimore and DC.
Isn't Lancaster mostly farms omish people and a whole bunch of nothing to do unless you drive hours

-- Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:50 pm --

kanovic said:
Charlotte 8hrs from me, planning on being there!!! any idea when tickets go on sale??
For me it's 9 hours coming from new jersey

That's what people who have never been here would have you believe. We have a fairly vibrant downtown with lots of nice restaurants and two convention centers nearby. It's only about an hour and fifteen minutes by train to Philadelphia too.

You guys have a spot over there that show the weekly matches? We've got nothing over here

I know there's a bar that shows all the USMNT matches. Ill probably be hitting it up during the World Cup

buckshot said:
Pittsburgh is a seriously fun town. I can just imagine hitting up some of the bars on the South Side the night before and then a Primanti Brothers sandwich to soak up the alcohol.
Let me know if you're going to be there. Sounds like it could be a fun time.

Jutt said:
buckshot said:
eddiemarin09 said:
Isn't Lancaster mostly farms omish people and a whole bunch of nothing to do unless you drive hours

That's what people who have never been here would have you believe. We have a fairly vibrant downtown with lots of nice restaurants and two convention centers nearby. It's only about an hour and fifteen minutes by train to Philadelphia too.

You guys have a spot over there that show the weekly matches? We've got nothing over here

I know there's a bar that shows all the USMNT matches. Ill probably be hitting it up during the World Cup

I watched the first match of the season at Maewyn's on George St. in York. Nobody else was there but they showed the match and the beer was cold and the wings were hot.

In Lancaster we have Brendee's which really caters to soccer fans but there is a group of rags in there that run the place. I used to go and take their abuse but I can't stand the smoke (it's one of the few bars left that still allow smoking). We also have The Brickyard, I haven't been there but I've heard people like it. If I go out I usually hit American Bar and Grill, it's a cool bar but they don't have satellite so they only get games that are on Cable.

idahoblues said:
what's this talk of Real Salt Lake.......please be true

I don't think it's right. It's not SLC; the original rumor was City playing Sporting Kansas City, as let slip by either one of their players or coaches, I forget. I'll dig up a link in a bit and post it.

buckshot said:
eddiemarin09 said:
buckshot said:
I was born and raised in Lancaster so I kind of like it. For an outsider it might not seem like much but if you know where to go and what to do it's pretty great. Plus, we're close to Philly, NY, Baltimore and DC.

kanovic said:
Charlotte 8hrs from me, planning on being there!!! any idea when tickets go on sale??

Trust me folks being "only" an hour 15 from Plhilly is a NEGATIVE!! ITS NOT FAR ENOUGH!!! LOL!!!!

You guys know that there's not a cat in hells chance of City winning ANY of these matches don't you? For starters almost the entire 1st team squad will be in Brazil.

Also I went through all 5 pages and can't believe that no one noticed that the tournament was played last year "City in USA July/August 2013, CHAMPIONS Tournament"

FogBlueInSanFran said:
idahoblues said:
what's this talk of Real Salt Lake.......please be true

I don't think it's right. It's not SLC; the original rumor was City playing Sporting Kansas City, as let slip by either one of their players or coaches, I forget. I'll dig up a link in a bit and post it.

Sorry, yeah you're right. I messed up on this one. I should've known better - I'm the one who found the leak and posted it to this forum. Sorry for getting you excited over a confused name :/

Basically, one of Sporting KC's players had an interview in late December where he said "Two years ago, Kansas beat Manchester United in a friendly and this year, we will play [Manchester] City". Since then there has been nothing to either confirm or deny this rumour, though I will say that it's speculative at best, but it's strange for a player to just come out and say something like that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2013/12/27/rumor-central-did-oriol-rosell-let-sporting-kc-manchester-city-friendly-out-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/ ... endly-out-</a>

That said, I also found this, which I didn't find when I originally posted the thread, where an American football (soccer) reporter did some digging into the rumour and decided that there is some evidence that it could be true:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/12/26/5246922/rumor-sporting-kansas-city-manchester-city-friendly-mls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/12/26/5 ... iendly-mls</a>

ColinLee said:
You guys know that there's not a cat in hells chance of City winning ANY of these matches don't you? For starters almost the entire 1st team squad will be in Brazil.

Also I went through all 5 pages and can't believe that no one noticed that the tournament was played last year "City in USA July/August 2013, CHAMPIONS Tournament"

Yes, the Champions Tournament website has not been updated for this year (They are always late).

And why will City players be in Brazil ? Unless they are on holiday AFTER the World Cup, which finishes mid July.

ColinLee said:

Surely the exact same issue going to affect every top team involved?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.