USA 2014 Champions tournament

Re: City in USA July/August 2014, CHAMPIONS Tournament

BufordUSABlue said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Impeccable One said:
Yes, what a dick I am !!! Mod, please can you change title to 2014 ? .... Whoops ....

-- Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 am --

Instant_Offense said:
Not trying to be a dick. I'm just driving over from Knoxville and thought travel times were similar.

No biggie pal ...

:-)

I owe ya an apology pal, I got confused here. I used to work/live in Greenville, SC which is 2 hrs from my house here in Buford and I used to fly from Charlotte airport for work which was about 1.1/2 hrs from my apartment in Greenville, SC.

So its about 3.1/3 hrs drive from Buford to Charlotte - sorry mate!

Presuming that we are playing at the Carolina Panther's stadium, here are some of the highlights of the stadium;

The stadium and adjacent practice fields are located on 33 acres of land in uptown Charlotte, bordered by Interstate 277, Mint, Graham and Morehead streets. The stadium site has access to 30,000 existing parking spaces in the uptown area with easy access to more than 130 restaurants in the uptown area and approximately 4,100 hotel rooms in the stadium's immediate vicinity. The Charlotte metro area has more than 30,000 hotel rooms. For more information about the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area, contact Visit Charlotte at 800-231-4636 or visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.charlottesgotalot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.charlottesgotalot.com</a>.

Seating Capacity
There are 73,778 seats at Bank of America Stadium and are distributed as follows:
Lower Bowl: 22,714
Club Level: 11,209
Suites: 2,717
Total Lower Bowl/Suite Seating: 36,640
Upper Bowl: 37,138
Total Stadium: 73,778

There are 1,394 seats for guests with disabilities and are distributed as follows:
Lower Bowl: 701
Upper Bowl: 693
Total Wheelchair Seating: 1,394

Seating Features
The stadium seat widths are 19 inches for lower and upper level seating and 21 inches for club level seating.

Viewing Distance
The first row of seating along the sidelines is located 53 feet from the sideline. The first row of seating in the end zone is 20 feet from the back of the end zone. All seats are elevated and designed for optimal viewing angles.

Club Seats
For club level patrons, seating is located along both sidelines of the playing field. Club level patrons have access to eight fully furnished lounges. The club floor underwent a $5.5 million renovation in 2003 in order to update the lounge areas and improve food and beverage options for club level patrons. Plasma televisions, video screens and televisions are available throughout the club floor for viewing stadium games.

Luxury Suites
There are 158 suites on two levels in the stadium. The suites range from 10-person suites (12 feet wide x 32 feet deep) to 40-person suites (40 feet wide x 32 feet deep).

Suites have three main components: viewing seats, lounge space and toilet facilities.
Viewing Seats: Fully upholstered chairs are positioned behind sliding glass windows along the front of the suite. A beverage rail is located here for convenience.
Lounge Space: The main central space of the suite is outfitted with lounge furniture and buffet tables. Located along the rear of the space is a service counter with a built-in sink, refrigerator and icemaker.
Toilet Facilities: Private restrooms are located at the rear of each suite for the use of the suite tenants. A coat and general storage closet is also located in this area.

All suites are fully upfitted with high-quality finishes, carpet and wall coverings. Flatscreen television monitors are located in the lounge space and in front of the viewing seats. Individual suite sound systems offer suite patrons a choice of audio/video options. Separate heating and cooling systems allow for individual suite climate control. Windows open at the front of the suite to give suite patrons a true game atmosphere.

Suite 87 Club
The Suite 87 Club, added to the stadium in 2001, is a private club with a full-service bar and billiards room. The 7,860-square foot Suite 87 Club accommodates 124 members and is located in the east end zone on the 300 club level. Each Suite 87 Club membership consists of one reserved seat with full amenity privileges as well as access to the Silver Club Level lounges and dining rooms during the game.

Gridiron Club
The Gridiron Club is a more than 10,000-square foot, private club located in the west end zone on the 400 club level. Featuring 282 terrace level seats outside and an exclusive climate controlled lounge inside, Gridiron Club amenities include concierge service, private restrooms, custom theatre with video wall, hot and cold market for food and beverage options, full service bar, flat screen televisions showing every NFL game, private lockers and radiant heat and ceiling fans to assist with outside elements in the seating area.

Playing Field
The stadium's state-of-the-art playing surface is a hybrid Bermuda grass with a sophisticated drainage and irrigation system. The field drains between 10 and 12 inches of rain per hour and has a 10 inch crown. The field was designed to accommodate a regulation-size soccer field. Adjacent to the stadium are three practice fields, two with hybrid Bermuda grass and one Prestige in-fill artificial field.

Food Service
Provided by Stadium Food & Beverage, Inc., Bank of America Stadium offers an abundance of food options and a generous ratio of concession points of sale, designed to increase food quality while reducing customer waiting time. Concession stands offer a variety of items such as hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue, pizza, nachos, ice cream and other stadium fare.

I live in Florida, hopefully I can watch City can make it through to the Semi's and Final!

I live in Charlotte, NC.. I can't wait to finally watch City play in person!

Liverpool vs Manchester City — 6pm ET — Charlotte, NC

Re: More 2014 friendlies reported

Falastur said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
idahoblues said:
what's this talk of Real Salt Lake.......please be true

I don't think it's right. It's not SLC; the original rumor was City playing Sporting Kansas City, as let slip by either one of their players or coaches, I forget. I'll dig up a link in a bit and post it.

Sorry, yeah you're right. I messed up on this one. I should've known better - I'm the one who found the leak and posted it to this forum. Sorry for getting you excited over a confused name :/

Basically, one of Sporting KC's players had an interview in late December where he said "Two years ago, Kansas beat Manchester United in a friendly and this year, we will play [Manchester] City". Since then there has been nothing to either confirm or deny this rumour, though I will say that it's speculative at best, but it's strange for a player to just come out and say something like that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2013/12/27/rumor-central-did-oriol-rosell-let-sporting-kc-manchester-city-friendly-out-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/ ... endly-out-</a>

That said, I also found this, which I didn't find when I originally posted the thread, where an American football (soccer) reporter did some digging into the rumour and decided that there is some evidence that it could be true:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/12/26/5246922/rumor-sporting-kansas-city-manchester-city-friendly-mls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/12/26/5 ... iendly-mls</a>

Thanks for confirming that even though it sucks. I could do a 5 hr drive not 20 plus

Well we should find out in roughly 45 minutes if we'll be involved and when and where if so. :)

Been to New York the last few times, kind of fancy a trip to North Carolina or some other venue right now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://internationalchampionscup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://internationalchampionscup.com</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.