USA Win Goup C!!!!

C1TY4LIFE said:
I like the fact USA are just starting to get into Football...ah a mean Soccer its a nice change from watching (Over protected) Rugby, Rounders and Netball isn't it

I've been into football since I was a kid. Been a goalleeper since 1995. The United States isn' just getting into the game. Its been slowly building here. What I enjoy the most is that while many still won't embrace the game here, those that have embraced it are always attempting to bring more people into the game. I'm always trying to get people to just watch matches with true fans to see that it is a great sport. I also try to make sure they don't end up wearing Rag shit.

In all, today I am just proud as hell of the US National team. They showed the perseverance and true grit that Americans value. Having seen goals wrongly disallowed, players booked for no reason, this team fought through and beat the odds. Getting out of the group was an expectation. Winning the group is a huge deal. I'd much rather face Ghana than Germany.

Here here!! There are many reasons but football will never be a major sport in this country. But there is a strong and loyal fanbase that knows something and appreciates the game. Part of this is the huge populartity of The Premiership and the media coverage it has received here the last few years. You lot (English suppoorters) should embrace that-ESPECIALLY given the fact that some of us deranged individuals have decided to support CITY!!! I have to say the ones who really hvae "made their bones" were the ones who have supported City pre takeover. But we are all Blues nonetheless. Roll on to the weekend when A) we can both be thru B) only one of us is thru or c) we both get knocked out on our asses!!!!

Am psyched to see the US get through to the sixteen, however way happier to see England there too. We should be there and we're gonna plumb-bob germany( the act of letting the forty year old tool rape and pillage that young german team apart) from an easily downward position. Let's hope they can get their shit together and play as the best team that they are, and not a bunch of fucking `likely lads ' who are given' it all as per John `fucking' Terry . Time to change the old Hierachy!!!!

The range of emotions I've gone through today was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. At least from a sporting perspective, I haven't felt so alive since that goal from Dickov v Gillingham at Wembley, but the difference is that while the Gillingham game was my sort of no-turning-back-now moment as a City fan of just about two years at that time, this feels like a more personal moment because our national team feels a little bit more mine than City does. Frank, Steven etc may not agree with me there, but I personally think that, as such a far-flung Blue - of 13 years, for what that's worth - it's easier to take emotional ownership of your own national team than it is to do the same with a club 3,600 miles away. Nothing against City - It's just the truth.

That said, as the group ended up being much more difficult than those fuckstains at The Sun etc. wanted us to believe, I'm pleased that both the U.S. and England - my sort of 'second' national team that I'll support whenever the U.S. isn't involved - are through to the knockout rounds. I do think that we're worthy group winners (should've finished with 7 points, possibly 9 if not for a great save from Green in the second half of the US-ENG game), and England got what it deserved after how awful it was against Algeria, but the important thing is that we're both through, and since there's next to no chance that we'll meet each other again in this tournament, we should all be pulling for each other from here on in. From where I'm sitting, the further both the U.S. and England go in this competition, the better: England winning helps keep U.S. television ratings up, hence more people keeping glued to the game, and U.S. football success brings even more new people into the game, some of which inevitably picking up City as their club team. What's not to like there?

NEBlue1 said:
The range of emotions I've gone through today was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. At least from a sporting perspective, I haven't felt so alive since that goal from Dickov v Gillingham at Wembley, but the difference is that while the Gillingham game was my sort of no-turning-back-now moment as a City fan of just about two years at that time, this feels like a more personal moment because our national team feels a little bit more mine than City does. Frank, Steven etc may not agree with me there, but I personally think that, as such a far-flung Blue - of 13 years, for what that's worth - it's easier to take emotional ownership of your own national team than it is to do the same with a club 3,600 miles away.

That said, as the group ended up being much more difficult than those fuckstains at The Sun etc. wanted us to believe, I'm pleased that both the U.S. and England - my sort of 'second' national team that I'll support whenever the U.S. isn't involved - are through to the knockout rounds. I do think that we're worthy group winners (should've finished with 7 points, possibly 9 if not for a great save from Green in the second half of the US-ENG game), and England got what it deserved after how awful it was against Algeria, but the important thing is that we're both through, and since there's next to no chance that we'll meet each other again in this tournament, we should all be pulling for each other from here on in. From where I'm sitting, the further both the U.S. and England go in this competition, the better: England winning helps keep U.S. television ratings up, hence more people keeping glued to the game, and U.S. football success brings even more new people into the game, some of which inevitably picking up City as their club team. What's not to like there?
Cheers to you!

dubbie31 said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
I like the fact USA are just starting to get into Football...ah a mean Soccer its a nice change from watching (Over protected) Rugby, Rounders and Netball isn't it

I've been into football since I was a kid. Been a goalleeper since 1995. The United States isn' just getting into the game. Its been slowly building here. What I enjoy the most is that while many still won't embrace the game here, those that have embraced it are always attempting to bring more people into the game. I'm always trying to get people to just watch matches with true fans to see that it is a great sport. I also try to make sure they don't end up wearing Rag shit.

In all, today I am just proud as hell of the US National team. They showed the perseverance and true grit that Americans value. Having seen goals wrongly disallowed, players booked for no reason, this team fought through and beat the odds. Getting out of the group was an expectation. Winning the group is a huge deal. I'd much rather face Ghana than Germany.

I backe the US to go further than any African team. You are now 180 minutes from the semis in the easy side of the draw. It is your reward for winning the group. You didn't mention the huge dollop of luck for the goal against England, but hey, thats football. Good luck.

KenTheLandlord said:
dubbie31 said:

I backe the US to go further than any African team. You are now 180 minutes from the semis in the easy side of the draw. It is your reward for winning the group. You didn't mention the huge dollop of luck for the goal against England, but hey, thats football. Good luck.

That was beyond luck... that was a ...(lost for words...) ENGLAND/MAN CITY moment. I've explained to a lot of new footie supporters the relevance of perseverance and the fact that supporting a team does not and should not be based upon weekly results. I support Manchester City F.C...it's a rough deal anyways you look at it, I don't have a choiceCTID

KenTheLandlord said:
We may well have gone through into the next round, anyway, to be fair. Who cares, though? Like you say, that's football, and we're both through now, and that's all that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.