Useless fact I didn't know before

image_flag001.jpg

This is only a Union Jack when on a ship, any other time it is a Union Flag

Octopuses has no actual 'brain', so to speak. It has a distributed intelligence in which each one of it's legs controls a function, such as breathing, temperature, food, thoughts, etc. There is no central control system.

This discovery has revolutionised many different fields, but in particularly, the computing field where applications in the computer architecture, Artificial Intelligence, networking and Processor Design fields, all owe to this discovery. Thanks to the octopus' brain, the very fundamentals of computing (Von Neumann for all you fellow bods out there) have been proven to be inefficient.

Damocles said:
Octopuses has no actual 'brain', so to speak. It has a distributed intelligence in which each one of it's legs controls a function, such as breathing, temperature, food, thoughts, etc. There is no central control system.

This discovery has revolutionised many different fields, but in particularly, the computing field where applications in the computer architecture, Artificial Intelligence, networking and Processor Design fields, all owe to this discovery. Thanks to the octopus' brain, the very fundamentals of computing (Von Neumann for all you fellow bods out there) have been proven to be inefficient.

What happens if you cut of the tentacle/mouse?

i8therags said:
Kula Sheikher said:
On your car fuel gague, there is a little picture of a petrol pump. If the handle is on the left hand side on the picture, your fuel cap is on the left hand side of your car and on the right of the picture it is on the right side of your car, so there is no excuse to drive into the petrol station on the wrong side.

Does anyone else know any crap like this?
just looked,mines on the right and fills on the left.

Other halfs is the same but in fairness it only changed in 2001 when the new reg system started. Any new car from then now has the above method of letting you know which side your petrol cap is on. Some still show it on the other side but (all WV for example)... Have either an arrow underneath showing which side or another sort of indicator, but all car since that date do have something. FACT ;-)

Biginoil said:
i8therags said:
Kula Sheikher said:
On your car fuel gague, there is a little picture of a petrol pump. If the handle is on the left hand side on the picture, your fuel cap is on the left hand side of your car and on the right of the picture it is on the right side of your car, so there is no excuse to drive into the petrol station on the wrong side.

Does anyone else know any crap like this?
just looked,mines on the right and fills on the left.
Wow - it's TOTALLY useless then!
it was untill you said its totaly useless,cos now i know its totaly useless,i will remember when getting petrol that my guage is totaly useless.so heres the thing,i;ll have to remember why,so now i;ll know its on the other side.Now its become usefull even though its useless,if you know what i mean.

smoking drugs will make you forget which side of your car the petrol cap is on...

....and quite possibly make you drive into things.

BlueMooner87 said:
image_flag001.jpg

This is only a Union Jack when on a ship, any other time it is a Union Flag

well done bluemooner87 for showing a union flag that is flown in the correct manner ie right way up.unlike the numpty landlord in the butchers arms droylsden who persists in putting a big flag in his window, upside down at every opportunity.so you ignorant rag if your reading this heres an example..

imageflag001.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.