Utd Tickets FAC any news (allocation row) {merged}

fathellensbellend said:
WNRH said:
fathellensbellend said:
quite a few left yet, why is our support in the cups so poor?

two amazing cup games to look forward to, yet ticket sales are very very slow.

£40 is alot to shell out at this time of year, regardless of if it's United in the Cup or not.

Same with Liverpool, why struggle to pay nearly £80 to watch two games you can see on TV for free.

because we support city, we want them to retain the fa cup, and win the league cup, if you cannot get motivated to come along to these games, accepting the cost, then you are not much of a supporter.

That's a bit uncalled for. Not everyone can afford to go and saying that they are not much of a supporter because of that is well out of order.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:35 pm --<br /><br />
fathellensbellend said:
WNRH said:
fathellensbellend said:
because we support city, we want them to retain the fa cup, and win the league cup, if you cannot get motivated to come along to these games, accepting the cost, then you are not much of a supporter.

Family over City every time and if it is any different for you then i feel sorry for you.

I'm watching both games at home in my armchair, i'm just as big/great/super smashing lovely city fan as you.

try reading, accepting the cost, would never knock anyone who is priced out, you stated that it is free to watch on tv, so why go, i pointed out because it is better to support your team in the flesh, price accepted.

Don't you mean except - accept means something completey different.

Will people stop asking the question every cup game , why hasn't it sold out i'l re itterate the point.

£40 to sit in the third tier with a wank atmosphere wank view people won't pay it. It's not my opinion as I've paid it but I think the third tier is rip off
The second reason is our money is good enoughfor the early rounds but come semis and final we don't (non season ticket holders) get a sniff o tickets this cheeses a lot of people off
I know st holders won't agree but if u have a st and don't go any cup games are u more deserving of a final ticket than a none st holder who has been eevery cup game ? I would say no
They need to let none st holders join the cup scheme just my opinion

daveduke67 said:
fathellensbellend said:
WNRH said:
£40 is alot to shell out at this time of year, regardless of if it's United in the Cup or not.

Same with Liverpool, why struggle to pay nearly £80 to watch two games you can see on TV for free.

That's a bit uncalled for. Not everyone can afford to go and saying that they are not much of a supporter because of that is well out of order.

-- Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:35 pm --

fathellensbellend said:
WNRH said:
Family over City every time and if it is any different for you then i feel sorry for you.

I'm watching both games at home in my armchair, i'm just as big/great/super smashing lovely city fan as you.

try reading, accepting the cost, would never knock anyone who is priced out, you stated that it is free to watch on tv, so why go, i pointed out because it is better to support your team in the flesh, price accepted.

Don't you mean except - accept means something completey different.

accepting the price has a factor in peoples decison, ie cannot afford it.

the point i am struggling to make, is if you can afford to go, live locally and cannot be arsed, then to my mind you are not that keen.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:45 pm --<br /><br />
ayia napa blues said:
Will people stop asking the question every cup game , why hasn't it sold out i'l re itterate the point.

£40 to sit in the third tier with a wank atmosphere wank view people won't pay it. It's not my opinion as I've paid it but I think the third tier is rip off
The second reason is our money is good enoughfor the early rounds but come semis and final we don't (non season ticket holders) get a sniff o tickets this cheeses a lot of people off
I know st holders won't agree but if u have a st and don't go any cup games are u more deserving of a final ticket than a none st holder who has been eevery cup game ? I would say no

i agree, non season ticket holders deserve some recognition, i would omiy any season ticket holder from league cup final tickets if they have no record of attendance this season in the league cup.

ayia napa blues said:

Depends where you sit in L3 I am in 308 and is one the best areas in the ground, great bunch in 309/8/7 who join in the singing and we have one of the best views in the ground, right above the away fans and looking right across the goal line, can't beat it.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
ayia napa blues said:

Depends where you sit in L3 I am in 308 and is one the best areas in the ground, great bunch in 309/8/7 who join in the singing and we have one of the best views in the ground, right above the away fans and looking right across the goal line, can't beat it.

I have sat in 308 a few times and it is a good laugh up there. Next best place to sit after 109/111 and south stand.

Manchester City have asked police to keep Manchester United’s travelling fans locked in the Etihad Stadium when the two teams face each other in the FA Cup next week.

Almost 6,000 United supporters will make the trip across to east Manchester next Sunday.

And there are fears that there could be a repeat of the violence that marred the Carling Cup semi-final in 2009 and last season’s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.

Now, City have requested Greater Manchester Police to keep United’s fans inside the stadium for 15 minutes to allow home supporters to disperse without any problems.

Almost 9,000 City fans were locked inside Old Trafford after the League Cup defeat – only for the home club to taunt them by playing United anthems over the PA system.

Police are planning a huge security operation to keep supporters apart and will hold talks with both clubs this week to remind them of their responsibilities.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Manchester-City-ask-police-to-keep-Manchester-United-fans-locked-in-article847953.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ex ... 47953.html</a>

Im not one to question people that cannot afford match tickets etc. Think about this though, do you go out 1/2+ nights a week? Have a couple of Phone/ iPhone contracts? Sky TV? Clothing (Jeans, T-Shirt, Jacket, trainers) that cost £200+ combined when you go out? 50mb BB instead of 10-20meg? Why not work a weekend or two each month for the extra money? Why not go to the game and not buy 6 pints and a pie?

The majority (not everybody) of people that say they can't afford to go to Football spend plenty of money elsewhere on luxury items. Some sacrifice the latest smartphone or the newest trainers and an extra night out. Others sacrifice some City games, all individual preferences of course. The list of items/ services people who "dont have much money" pay for is ridiculous.

Again let me reiterate before im shouted down, this is not aimed at everybody. Just for the people that have Sky, expensive clothes/ phones and spend a lot of weekends on the town, do not say you cannot afford it. Just say it isn't a priority.

ManCitizens. said:
Im not one to question people that cannot afford match tickets etc. Think about this though, do you go out 1/2+ nights a week? Have a couple of Phone/ iPhone contracts? Sky TV? Clothing (Jeans, T-Shirt, Jacket, trainers) that cost £200+ combined when you go out? 50mb BB instead of 10-20meg? Why not work a weekend or two each month for the extra money? Why not go to the game and not buy 6 pints and a pie?

The majority (not everybody) of people that say they can't afford to go to Football spend plenty of money elsewhere on luxury items. Some sacrifice the latest smartphone or the newest trainers and an extra night out. Others sacrifice some City games, all individual preferences of course. The list of items/ services people who "dont have much money" pay for is ridiculous.

Again let me reiterate before im shouted down, this is not aimed at everybody. Just for the people that have Sky, expensive clothes/ phones and spend a lot of weekends on the town, do not say you cannot afford it. Just say it isn't a priority.

Yeah it's like the people moaning it's hard to get by while being interviewed before an election with a cig in one hand there two kids in back ground on mobiles with a sky dish above them on there house...

25 years a go no one had mobiles or sky because it wasn't around that's about an extra £80 a month at least people have to find....

I'm probably in a minority of one here but last week I took the decision not to go to any of the United/Liverpool cup games. There was a time in my life when I absorbed everything to do with City and I was up to date with everything the club was informing people of, ticket news, prices etc. However for the past year or so I've just been far too busy with work and life in general to keep updated. Thats my fault and I'm blaming nobody else. I don't want to join the cup schemes, I have a small business and I can't always be certain money will be in the bank to cover 4 tickets when required (wife and 2 daughters included). I also detest the idea of being asked/pressured or whatever into joining these types of things, thats just the way I am. I like the idea of choosing to go to a game if I want to and when I have the money available even though I'll always go to the games anyway just I get the tickets when I'm ready.

So last week I went to get 4 United tickets and was told at the ticket office they were £45 each even though everyone since has said they should have been £40. Foolishly I hadn't realised the £15 was for cup scheme members only, again my fault for not keeping updated. So from an expected £60 to £180 for the four of us I took the split decision to say thanks but no thanks and when I added the £140 on top for 4 Liverpool tickets (320 in total) I really had to question for the first time could I honestly afford to do this and the simple answer was no. I honestly don't mind cup schemes getting first dibs on tickets and even getting a discount but I do think the disparity between £15-£45 is unacceptable for me. I'm happy to accept its my fault for objecting to cup schemes, as I do to gold, platinum and superbia memberships, so I'm not whinging about it, far from it instead i'm just offering other reasons as to why some of us won't be attending. It's not that we can't be arsed or are lazy or are not Blues (season tickets since 1976) it's simply a choice as I disagree with the pricing structure.

Puts tin hat on and waits for the bullets ;-)

BBC rag journo taking the piss.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/#!/stevenwyeth/status/154257575964184576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/#!/stevenwyeth/stat ... 5964184576</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.