Uwe Rosler - top guy but how do we rate him as a player?

How do we rate him as a player??

Better than anything else we had at the time in his position and he and Walsh complimented each other very well.

You cannot and should not compare him to anyone in the squad we have now, its completely different.

I think I saw Uwe's first goal for City - away at Ipswich in a midweek match?? Think Walsh scored as well that night

If my chemically damaged mind serves me correctly there was a game against Everton that Uwe Rosler and Paul Walsh both scored two goals each on one of my rare ventures into the Platt lane ((edit) yes it was Everton, 94/95 season). Also, who was it he scored against when he ran over to the bench furiously pointing to the badge? There was an issue between him and Ball??? Someone of clearer memory help out please..

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
If my chemically damaged mind serves me correctly there was a game against Everton that Uwe Rosler and Paul Walsh both scored two goals each on one of my rare ventures into the Platt lane ((edit) yes it was Everton, 94/95 season). Also, who was it he scored against when he ran over to the bench furiously pointing to the badge? There was an issue between him and Ball??? Someone of clearer memory help out please..

That was aganst the 'rags' at Maine Road in 1996. That is the goal I'm trying to find on Youtube.

He smashed it past Scmeichel and into the far corner of the net from the corner edge of the 18 yards box. Schmeichel didn't even see it or move or blink. He'd just come off the bench and wanted Ball to know what he thought about it.

Along with Dave Watson's header against Ipswich in 1977 that was my favourite City goal until recent times of course.

Does anyone have or know where I could get a recording of the Coventry City v Manchester City 95-96 FA Cup 4th Round game? A fan ran on the pitch and celebrated with Uwe Rosler hoisting him into the air and was later bombarded with snowballs by the Coventry fans as he walked back to the terraces. My late partners children would really like a copy as their copy has been damaged.

Kun Aguero said:
TGR said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Not that good. His hero status comes from a time we were desperate to worship anybody. He wasn't quick enough to be a top drawer striker but he was strong and committed and got a few goals. He wouldn't get near our current team at the moment but might get in somewhere like villa or west ham.

Bit of a stupid post actually Dismal. No player from that era would remotely get into our current team for very obvious reasons. He was a hard working, grafting target man who was our leading scorer for 3 seasons on the trot and also player of the year in 94/5 and inducted into our 'Hall of Fame' in 2009. Together with Paul Walsh and Peter Beagrie he gave us some great and memorable performances. A true Blue without a doubt. I think you have seriously under estimated his contribution to our club and his place in our history.

Kinkladze would walk into our team, he'd be captain, we'd win the fucking lot! FA CUP, WORTHINGTON CUP, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, WORLD CUP, CITYKEV'S BISCUIT WORLD CUP, BEST BRITISH ACTOR OF ALL TIME, FIRST MONKEY ON THE MOON, WORLD OLDEST GRANNY, THE FUCKING LOT!!!!

Correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.