Vaccination Passport | Fans will be denied entry without valid NHS pass

I got there early today (about 11:30) for various reasons, and everyone going in was checked as far as I could see, checked before the wire fence at M1 too, so not at the security check.
Me and my eldest got there early, about 11.40, as my other son dropped us off, my eldest has a running injury and couldn’t walk from where the car was parked. We were both checked but when my other two sons got to the ground after parking up they weren’t, I think because the queue had got very long And they just couldn’t check everyone.

I'm in M and I'm not sure what checked actually means.

There was a gathering of fans around the Covid check area when I arrived about 11.50 all fiddling with their phones. I got my pass up and like others just waved it in the general direction of a steward and was allowed through.

There's no 'beeping' or any sort of check to verify if it was in-date, correct or even a screenshot of someone else's.

it ticks a box and has fk all other use.

i have to get a security pass before the game so land at the stadium 90 mins before KO. I have to prove i have a covid pass to two members of staff in order to get my pass, they check it, they have to do. The people checking are very pleasant, i think we all realise its a load of rollocks.

This won't last long.

The thing is, the ground staff are all on minimum wage and just want to get home in one piece. Therefore they won't give a stuff about these rules, won't check anyone for any of this nonsense, and when it hits five mins before kick off they'll let everyone pile in anyway. Like always. And more power to them, because teenagers on minimum wage shouldn't have to stand in the freezing cold and deal with angry football fans over their failure to provide pointless documents that don't prevent the virus from spreading anyway.

The sheer size of the absolute chasm between the people in offices coming up with these rules and the minimum wage staff being asked to enforce them cannot be underestimated. Masks are once again being "required" in shops. So off I trot to Asda with my mask on. Not one member of staff was wearing a mask in the whole shop. For rules to be enforced properly you have to make sure that the staff want them to be enforced at all, which they don't. So good luck!

And neither do the public! Bars are still rammed, cinemas are still sold out, football stadiums are still packed, public transport is still full up at peak times, people still travelling round the world. People trust vaccines over behavioural restrictions, and rightly so. Our next home game is on Boxing Day. The stewards will probably have a "training day" beforehand where they'll be given the directive, so they'll make a show of it. Then we'll all go back in the new year and the staff will go back to simply waving us through.
Just over a month.

Happy days..That’s me not having to worry about downloading the passport app thingy then,when I’m over for the Brentford game ..unless covid cases start to rise again ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.