Valentin Barco

Where has this deal got to? Thought we had sewn it up and he was joining in Jan, but I've not heard anything for a while...

Apparently it is not happening anymore but a lot can change in month apparently Echeverri signing and this was smoke screen.

I have never seen this young man play so I can’t comment on his ability. However I did read that we were very keen on him and were even in “advanced negotiations” for him. It’s a bit of a surprise to read this morning that Brighton have exercised his £10m release clause. £10m is not really much of a risk these days. We could probably sign this guy and bring him through the EDS or loan system for a couple of years. If he is good enough for the first team after that it would be a bonus. If not we flip him, probably for a tidy profit.

I have never seen this young man play so I can’t comment on his ability. However I did read that we were very keen on him and were even in “advanced negotiations” for him. It’s a bit of a surprise to read this morning that Brighton have exercised his £10m release clause. £10m is not really much of a risk these days. We could probably sign this guy and bring him through the EDS or loan system for a couple of years. If he is good enough for the first team after that it would be a bonus. If not we flip him, probably for a tidy profit.
I wouldn't blame a player his age picking Brighton over us if first team opportunities would be limited. Not sure if that's what happened, however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.