Van De Vart {merged}

Re: Harry's request for special dispensation...

CityPar said:
leighton said:
I dont understand why the window closes at 6 leave it to midnight like they did when the window came in. Meaning more time to sort everything out. Unfourtunely it is the way the FA want it at the moment but if this goes through it will go back to the midnight in future deadlines.

Doesn't matter whether the deadline was 6pm or midnight. The fact is everyone knew the rules and everyone has had all summer to get their act together. If Spurs missed it due to "technical difficulties" (yeah right!) then that's their tough luck. We lost out on Gago in similar circumstances so I'd be disappointed if the FA bent the rules just to keep 'Arry 'appy.

They will.

Don't want bad publicity spouted by 'Arrys media buddies will they. If they stand firm 'Arry will blame us.

if this goes through it is clear that the FA/Premier League are bent.
they impliment a 6pm deadline for a reason. if they allow this is go ahead it makes a mockery of the that deadline.
Bent arry can go a fuck himself if thinks he can leave it all to the last min and then give the Premier League a wink and say ' awrit gov'ner, sure twas just a coupla minutes over the 6pm deadline, go on for old arrys sake'
twats the lot of them.

10 weeks of window...everyone had it,why should clubs be allowed to bend the rules cos of " last day hiccups"..no way should this be allowed to happen !!

We should fookin complain if this goes through - bent coont - fookin spiv of the first order

dpkmanc said:
I know this sort of thing has happened in the past but I think now is the time the authorities put a stop to it! It's ruining football, is this.
Really? Come off it.

Right. Here's where I stand. TBH, when SSN announced the interest in a Dutch international, I immediately (stupidly tbh) dreamed of Robben, Afellay, maybe even Sneijder, and was almost disappointed when I heard VDV, but I've since changed my view, and think he'd be an excellent signing.

According to reports, Levy was informed of the £8m value Madrid had offered us at 4 pm. Why it took us 1 hour 55 to make a bid is beyond me, although a belief is that the original offer was for a loan, and Madrid changed their mind near the end.

In any case, the deal was finalized after the 6 pm deadline, hence I think the transfer shouldn't go through. There is little point in a deadline if it is blatantly ignored. There is obviously no technical error, it's just bull, but I still think the deal will go through.

When the deadline strikes the window should shut then and there, i dont give a fuck about technical problems, airplane flights, work permits etc, if the player has not been registered by the deadline, tough shit

The Clubs server went down according to talkshite.

Never heard of a fax machine 'Arry?

This one smells.....

The technical problem was that 'arry was too busy wanking off over VDV's wife.

The rules are the rules.

I think they're stupid rules, but still.

Van Der Vaart will be livid - the "technical" issue, whether it be the Tottenham chairman getting the fee down by stalling; an agent trying to up his fee; or anything else - means that the guy cannot work for an organisation he wants to work for & where he is wanted as well.

This whole thing goes grossly against EU principles on the free movement of people and I am shocked that football gets away with things like this, as well as the "home grown" discrimination quota.

Whilst some evil part of me wishes it doesn't go through, because Spurs are our rivals and this move would strengthen them - it's a human we are talking about, being restricted in his rights by some arbitrary market restrictions - and some party involved in the deal has essentially put the mans short term future in limbo, to save/earn a few quid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.