Van De Vart {merged}

Van der Vaart deal confirmed, looks a good buy for £8M

Van der Vaart deal confirmed
01 September 2010

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Rafael Van der Vaart.

The Holland international came through the ranks at Ajax and won two league titles during 141 appearances with the Eredivisie side, scoring 60 goals before leaving for Hamburg in the summer of 2005.

The attacking midfielder, 27, was the Bundesliga side's leading scorer in his first season in Germany and went on to captain the side before joining Real Madrid ahead of the 2007/08 campaign.

Rafael has been capped by Holland a total of 83 times, scoring 16 goals, since making his international debut against Andorra in 2001 at the age of 18.

He has since represented the Netherlands at two European Championships and two World Cups, including this summer's tournament in South Africa where he featured five times in the side's run to the Final.

Fucking joke. Didn't a similiar thing happen with us and somebody else? Was it Gago?

Bent Arry wins again.

Re: Harry's request for special dispensation...

Something still stinks to high hell - VDV 8 million at the last minute ? - was this really typical Dirty Arry brinkmanship knowing he´d get a free run at a player coveted by many and a bargain price when he´d said there would be no incomings?
He is one DODGY fooker!!! Prob is the press love him for it . Anyway how are Spuds gonna keep ALL these top mids happy when they´ll be bench warming half the time ;) - oh wait .. it´s Spuds so suddenly it´s a "squad game thesedays" YCFMIU

I think they'll struggle to fit him into their midfield.

They could move Bale back into defence which would be a bad thing for them, or stick with one up front which isn't really an Arry thing to do. If they are going to replace another midfielder it'll either be Modric (no real gain) or Huddlestone/Palacios (too lightweight).

Good player, but not really the ideal player given their current squad.

Obviously gives them some depth in case of injuries, but they already had Kranjcar struggle for game time who is a decent player.

I don't think we can complain at all. Exactly the same happened to us with Benjani. Now compared to the players we have now Benjani is no great shakes but at the time I remember being chuffed that the FA had allowed the deal to go through. We can't have it both ways......

Also a similar thing happened when Dunnie went to Villa - if I remember right that actually got signed after 6 pm this time last year.

BlueForever123 said:
I don't think we can complain at all. Exactly the same happened to us with Benjani. Now compared to the players we have now Benjani is no great shakes but at the time I remember being chuffed that the FA had allowed the deal to go through. We can't have it both ways......

At the time I thought it was ridiculous that we were allowed to sign Benjani. After seeing smile after picking his 200th offside I thought it was downright offensive that the FA let the deal go through.

It happens every year, but it doesn't make it right.

Stop bitching about it.

One word - Benjani.

Ok, two wrongs don't make a right - but we have little right to moan seeing as it worked in our favour re Benjani.

PS. i'm a stupid ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.