Van De Vart {merged}

Re: Harry's request for special dispensation...

THFC86 said:
dpkmanc said:
I know this sort of thing has happened in the past but I think now is the time the authorities put a stop to it! It's ruining football, is this.

Really? Come off it.

Right. Here's where I stand. TBH, when SSN announced the interest in a Dutch international, I immediately (stupidly tbh) dreamed of Robben, Afellay, maybe even Sneijder, and was almost disappointed when I heard VDV, but I've since changed my view, and think he'd be an excellent signing.

According to reports, Levy was informed of the £8m value Madrid had offered us at 4 pm. Why it took us 1 hour 55 to make a bid is beyond me, although a belief is that the original offer was for a loan, and Madrid changed their mind near the end.

In any case, the deal was finalized after the 6 pm deadline, hence I think the transfer shouldn't go through. There is little point in a deadline if it is blatantly ignored. There is obviously no technical error, it's just bull, but I still think the deal will go through.
Irony?

Personally I think all right thinking people are wrong.

City Raider said:
the longer it goes on, the more likely its a yes, as they work out the story they're all going to stick to

I am not up-to-date on this story at all, but would they be able to extend the deadline for the announcement of the 25-man squad announcement?

THFC86 said:
dpkmanc said:
I know this sort of thing has happened in the past but I think now is the time the authorities put a stop to it! It's ruining football, is this.
Really? Come off it.

Right. Here's where I stand. TBH, when SSN announced the interest in a Dutch international, I immediately (stupidly tbh) dreamed of Robben, Afellay, maybe even Sneijder, and was almost disappointed when I heard VDV, but I've since changed my view, and think he'd be an excellent signing.

According to reports, Levy was informed of the £8m value Madrid had offered us at 4 pm. Why it took us 1 hour 55 to make a bid is beyond me, although a belief is that the original offer was for a loan, and Madrid changed their mind near the end.

In any case, the deal was finalized after the 6 pm deadline, hence I think the transfer shouldn't go through. There is little point in a deadline if it is blatantly ignored. There is obviously no technical error, it's just bull, but I still think the deal will go through.

The ruining football thing is a joke, stemming from the cliche that we're ruining football by spending to try to catch up with the Sky 4 (the 3 that are left now, anyway). It's up there with your man Harry's 'Man City blew us out the water' line.

I admire your optimism that you could sign a Champions League finalist from an elite club with an hour to go on deadline day without anyone having had a sniff of it, but I agree VDV could be a good signing (if he can find his way to the pitch past all your other centre mids) and for that selfish reason I hope it doesn't go through.

Fair play on your principled stance though, and I agree that it shouldn't, but probably will, go through.

To be fair we got special dispensation because Benjani fells asleep. It's not our fault VDV is much better than him. Transfer window is a stupid idea anyway.. Not bothered if they get him, as he isn't really any better than Modric, and he plays centrally. Huddlestone won't be dropped. Modric probably won't, and then you have Jenas, Palacios, Kranjcar aswell as Bale and Lennon. It's a good squad, but not sure how VDV improves it, other than adding to the depth, which is already deep.

Obviously they might line up a little differently, and the few Spuds on here will probably shed a bit more light into how 'Arry will line em up.

Real have come out and said it's not our fault it's spuds. A'rry has to find another excuse, hence the delay.

It's been ratified. Brown paper bag has the desired effect.

LOL

Fair play to them quality player if Harry can get his head right. Hes not been great since he left Ajax in fairness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.