VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I wanted leicester to win, that is gutting for chelsea, those player celebrations for nothing. VAR is utter bollocks. All for a mm offside call.
Not got a problem with non-subjective decisions. It was off, not even level.

I am not opposed to technology in top level football and by and large feel VAR in the long term will be beneficial in getting the key decisions right. But they need to look again at the offside rule if they are going to put this to bed.

I would love to see them use a daylight rule and I think the simplest way would be to take any measurements from the centre of the head only, forget any other body part it just complicates things

I would make it the rule that in the picture used the ball must be still be in contact with the player passing the ball. And when the lines are then drawn any overlap of the lines mean the decision goes the way of the attacking team.

I have never understood why an entertainment sport would go to such lengths to find a way to disallow goals. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

What people forget is the liner might have flagged for that anyway without VAR. Obviously wasn’t a ridiculous one where a toe nail comes into it but still awful for the spontaneous beauty of football.

It is shite and hope they can very quickly find a solution to offsides.
But the fundamental point is consistency and no bias. Every time there is a VAR you ask yourself would they treat the red shite the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.