VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 4 VAR mistakes in the 2 games I saw bits of at the weekend (Bernardo/Shaw/martial/lamela). It’s not any better (and takes ages, kills buzz and isn’t transparent)

i agree with you on blatant offsides. But there must be 2-3 of those a season. The current system is measuring armpits offside way before goals are scored with TECH THAT IS NOT ACCURATE.

To advocate a system to make better decisions whilst simultaneously accepting it can’t seems odd to me mate.

oh dear. and i'm the clueless one.

Why does it make me clueless because I'm a season out regarding when VAR was officially implemented into the PL?

My team have been getting fucked over by the powers that be for longer than that..

There's no question that in the 2018/19 season the dippers were refereed differently to us big time.

It was plain for all to see, VAR officially being in place or not.

Over 20000 posts on a football forum of a team you don't even support over a 10 year period..

Bit like me posting on rawk and redcafe since 2010..

How fkin bizarre ..!

Why does it make me clueless because I'm a season out regarding when VAR was officially implemented into the PL?

My team have been getting fucked over by the powers that be for longer than that..

There's no question that in the 2018/19 season the dippers were refereed differently to us big time.

It was plain for all to see, VAR officially being in place or not.

Over 20000 posts on a football forum of a team you don't even support over a 10 year period..

How fkin bizarre ..!

As I’ve pointed out it’s actually West Ham that’s been shafted by the powers to be over the years. Statistically we had the most VAR decisions not go in our favour last season.

Can you explain why the FA and ‘Powers’ sat round a dark table and decided to shaft us Hammers ?

How fkin bizarre ..!

I support you against Man U, Liverpool and Spurs actually :)

but I live in off topic and was in the Cellar for many a year - so I’m part of the furniture now.

There were 4 VAR mistakes in the 2 games I saw bits of at the weekend (Bernardo/Shaw/martial/lamela). It’s not any better (and takes ages, kills buzz and isn’t transparent)

i agree with you on blatant offsides. But there must be 2-3 of those a season. The current system is measuring armpits offside way before goals are scored with TECH THAT IS NOT ACCURATE.

To advocate a system to make better decisions whilst simultaneously accepting it can’t seems odd to me mate.

will bring this up again -

The biggest ever study into VAR, published last monthin the Journal of Sports Sciences, found that it raised the accuracy of “match-changing decisions” from 92.1% to 98.3%

The research, based on 2,195 competitive matches across 13 leagues, involved asking a panel of referees to check 9,732 VAR decisions.
+++

It just doesn’t feel like when there is a mistake as we RIGHTLY expect VAR to be flawless - it still isn’t. But it’s a lot better than a referee making a blind guess with no help.

Again, I’ve no problem with people hating VAR and wanting to scrap it - that’s totally there right to have that opinion

As I’ve pointed out it’s actually West Ham that’s been shafted by the powers to be over the years. Statistically we had the most VAR decisions not go in our favour last season.

Can you explain why the FA and ‘Powers’ sat round a dark table and decided to shaft us Hammers ?

Who were you playing against?

Did the dippers and rags benefit in any or the majority of the games VAR fucked you over in, directly or indirectly?

I think you'll find they probably did..

That will then give you the answer regarding how VAR works and who it benefits..

Your club is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, cannon fodder, collateral damage, of no interest to the bean counters..

Check it out and the penny might just drop for you regarding how VAR works..!
I support you against Man U, Liverpool and Spurs actually :)

but I live in off topic and was in the Cellar for many a year - so I’m part of the furniture now.

I would have took you to the tip fkin years ago if you were a piece of furniture of mine..!

Who were you playing against?

Did the dippers and rags benefit in any or the majority of the games VAR fucked you over in, directly or indirectly?

I think you'll find they probably did..

That will then give you the answer regarding how VAR works and who it benefits..

Your club is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, cannon fodder, collateral damage, of no interest to the bean counters..

Check it out and the penny might just drop for you regarding how VAR works..!

I would have took you to the tip fkin years ago if you were a piece of furniture of mine..!

nope, no Liverpool or Man U ...

MAN CITY (H) AUG 10
Missed City penalty retaken due to encroachment by Hammers ace Declan Rice. Retake scored by Sergio Aguero in the 86th minute.

BOURNEMOUTH (A) SEPT 28
Josh King goal, originally ruled out for offside, cleared by the VAR so Cherries levelled in what ended up a 2-2 draw.

CRYSTAL PALACE (H) OCT 5
Jordan Ayew goal was awarded after originally being ruled out for offside in the 87th minute as the Eagles won 2-1.

TOTTENHAM (H) NOV 23
Rice’s 89th-minute goal disallowed for offside as Spurs edged the game 3-2.

CHELSEA (A) NOV 30
Goal for Michail Antonio ruled out for handball on 67 minutes although the Hammers did go on to win the game 1-0.

SOUTHAMPTON (A) DEC 14
Antonio’s 52nd-minute strike was again chalked off for handball in another close game.

SHEFFIELD UTD (A) JAN 10
Last-minute leveller for Robert Snodgrass ruled out for handball in the build-up by Rice as the hosts hung on for a 1-0 victory.

BRIGHTON (H) FEB 1
Glenn Murray’s leveller for hosts in a 3-3 thriller allowed after incorrect handball on 79 minutes.

ARSENAL (A) MAR 7
Alexandre Lacazette 78th-minute 1-0 winner allowed after incorrect offside against Mesut Ozil.

TOTTENHAM (A) JUN 23
Tomas Soucek own goal given despite the ball hitting Davison Sanchez’s arm as Spurs won 2-0.

CHELSEA (H) JULY 1
Soucek goal disallowed for offside against Hammers ace Antonio

I hope the dildo brothers insisted that the FA used protection before the shafting got under way.

Corruption on many levels. Who knows why the unscrupulous FA targeted wet spam. Maybe the envelope from gold & Sullivan was not sufficient enough.

The game is bent and the winners are now chosen in advance.It is the scousers turn and only for the scum being as close to useless it would be their turn. Var legitimatises the cheating.

City are the last true winners of a clean league and by god they tried everything to stop us.

will bring this up again -

The biggest ever study into VAR, published last monthin the Journal of Sports Sciences, found that it raised the accuracy of “match-changing decisions” from 92.1% to 98.3%

The research, based on 2,195 competitive matches across 13 leagues, involved asking a panel of referees to check 9,732 VAR decisions.
+++

It just doesn’t feel like when there is a mistake as we RIGHTLY expect VAR to be flawless - it still isn’t. But it’s a lot better than a referee making a blind guess with no help.

Again, I’ve no problem with people hating VAR and wanting to scrap it - that’s totally there right to have that opinion
Was the study conducted by UEFA?

The game is bent and the winners are now chosen in advance.It is the scousers turn and only for the scum being as close to useless it would be their turn. Var legitimatises the cheating.

Does everyone on here really believe this ? Or is this just a minority internet conspiracy?

the FA and ‘Powers’ sit round a table before the start of the season and decide who’s going to win the league, really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.