VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The previous system made it look too obvious. VAR gives them the appearance of being impartial, whilst being anything but.

Ok

well as i say, i'm no major fan of VAR, but for me it's an improvement on the old way of officiating and it can and will improve

... If there is 100% concrete proof that the FA/Refs/Officials/'The Powers' have all decided to use VAR to help Man Utd and shaft Man City i will definitely be happy to see it - on field decisions are not testament to this proof - as i say, you go on any clubs forums and they all feel they are being shafted by the refs. but hopefully in time, someone out there - with all the hundreds involved in this conspiracy will come out and reveal what i'm missing.

Ok

well as i say, i'm no major fan of VAR, but for me it's an improvement on the old way of officiating and it can and will improve

... If there is 100% concrete proof that the FA/Refs/Officials/'The Powers' have all decided to use VAR to help Man Utd and shaft Man City i will definitely be happy to see it - on field decisions are not testament to this proof - as i say, you go on any clubs forums and they all feel they are being shafted by the refs. but hopefully in time, someone out there - with all the hundreds involved in this conspiracy will come out and reveal what i'm missing.

Explain the Llorente handball goal?

VAR has all the pictures, all the angles and you can clearly see it hits his arm.

We then hear Peter Walton, ex PiGMOB say its a goal, fuck he even says it comes off his knee at one point and hey presto, VAR manages to not see what the rest of the world can and awards the goal.

You cant defend it. Its bent, its cheating, its a fucking disgrace.

You can see the fucking flesh on his arm ripple and still they gave it.
If you look all four of our players on the six yard line simultaneously raise their arms to appeal (in fact Sergio the nearest of the four does so first). Strange how the ref couldn't see it from his angle and to this day we still don't know why all angles weren't shown to the ref. Contrast that to rugby where they look at every available angles multiple times to ensure they reach the right decision

100% concrete proof would kill the game stone dead and the authorities will never let that happen.

Plus, until a referee or another official linked to the PiGMOL/FA/PL is prepared to put their life on the line (yes, life) then it will always just be anecdotal evidence.

Millions if not Billions of £/$/€ are made on betting markets by unscrupulous individuals and syndicates. Anyone who has ever taken a bribe, or made a decision to influence a game in a particular way at the request of someone else is now in the pockets of these people, and they are able to be manipulated very easily.

It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Dermot Gallagher and other pundits were being lent on to reinforce the position of the cheats.

VAR has all the pictures, all the angles and you can clearly see it hits his arm.

We then hear Peter Walton, ex PiGMOB say its a goal, fuck he even says it comes off his knee at one point and hey presto, VAR manages to not see what the rest of the world can and awards the goal.

Explain how the ref didn't give Mahrez a penalty against Wolves ?? we can all see he was clearly tripped in the box yet the Ref waves it away - you can't defend it. bent as fuck, it's a disgrace.

Explain how Aurier taking out Aguero in the box and the ref not giving a penalty ?? explain that. bent as fuck

(VAR told the refs it was penaltys and so they were given)

No point going back and forth on certain decisions, west ham have been on the bad end of VAR and refs decisions more than anyone - and so have Man City. It is my hope in time it will alot less with VAR.

Save your breath mate, he won't explain fuck all because he can't explain it..

The West Ham fan just doesn't get it, even though it's been spelt out to him for 2 seasons now on here that VAR is a tool to keep clubs like the dippers and rags relevant..

The dippers hadn't won the league for 3 decades, VAR gets wheeled in and in the first season we had to win 14 games on the spin to win the league by a point..

This after the unbelievable calls that went their way courtesy of VAR..

VAR couldn't afford to fuck it up last season hence the dippers not getting a shit VAR call until after Christmas..

The West Ham fan is clueless as to what's going on but ace at cut and pasting shit that nobody is interested in..

Explain how the ref didn't give Mahrez a penalty against Wolves ?? we can all see he was clearly tripped in the box yet the Ref waves it away - you can't defend it. bent as fuck, it's a disgrace.

Explain how Aurier taking out Aguero in the box and the ref not giving a penalty ?? explain that. bent as fuck

(VAR told the refs it was penaltys and so they were given)

No point going back and forth on certain decisions, west ham have been on the bad end of VAR and refs decisions more than anyone - and so have Man City. It is my hope in time it will alot less with VAR.

No answer as per.

plbut every fan feels the victim of refs/VAR... I know from watching West Ham how most fans think we are being shafted by the ref and 'the powers' - West Ham were bottom of the VAR table last season... Not Man City... so why are the powers shafting us ?

Spurs fans think refs are against them - https://talksport.com/football/595973/referees-tottenham-graham-roberts-penalty-north-london-derby/ , go on there forum and they'll be moaning about being shafted by refs/VAR

t
here's Arsenal thinking the refs/VAR is against them - http://youaremyarsenal.com/arsenal-leicester-referee-premier-league/

and here's RedCafe... Man U fans moaning about Ref/VAR https://www.redcafe.net/threads/refs-var-2020-2021-discussion.457423/page-11 , All fuming about Martial latest sending off

all fans think they're being shafted at times, with or without VAR
For every PL game, there are TWO, not one, VAR officials running their eyes over an incident. Both are generally either Elite or budding elite level officials. They are seeing what has ben referred to them to either confirm the referee's decision, or ask him to reconsider his decision by looking at the pitchside monitor.
They have access to technology that enables hem to see an incident from several angles, at both normal speed and slow motion. If the game is televised, both the commentary team, AND THE PEOPLE SUBSCRIBING TO THE CHANNEL, get to see what the officials see. For some (not so) strange reason, he only people not getting this shown live are the match going supporters, who are denied this privilege in real time to see the incident on the ground's large screens. Another oddity is that both Anfield and Old Trafford seem to be exempt from having such screens. (I wonder why that is?)

Take 2 examples from the weekend' matches-at Elland Road and Old Trafford (I would choose those, wouldn't I ? )
AT Elland Road, A Leeds player DELIBERATELY stamped down on the back of Bernardo Silva's Achilles tendon. The referee, Mike Dean, only booked the player. VAR backed him up as a booking only.
At Old Trafford, 2 players, Martial and Lamela, had a short spat of what could be described as "handbags", with Lamela going down as if Tyson Fury had hit him. The referee, Anthony Taylor, sent off Martial for "violent conduct" and booked (?) Lamela for the same offence! Later, Shaw DELIBERATELY hacked down a Tottenham forward when the ball was nowhere near the incident. Taylor booked Shaw. VAR concurred.

The 2 matches involved 2 referees and 4 VAR officials, ie, 6 Elite members of PiGMOLs finest.

In both matches, those 6 officials applied the LotG in neither a correct nor consistent manner. all offences should have warranted a red card under either Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct as per Law 12, portions of which are copied below.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

These examples are not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to appalling decisions being made and backed up by VAR. There may be times that VAR does force the referee to reconsider and change his decision but they are very few and very far apart. So much so, that they are usually mentioned on the sports' news. The only conclusions you can draw are that:
a) They're all incompetent - which they're clearly not, as they get the vast majority of decisions right.
b) They're all bent - I don't want to believe it. I really don't.
c) Instructions on how to interpret the LotG are themselves open to interpretation by senior officials within the game and passed down accordingly to be followed,.

I'm not a great fan, honest.

For every PL game, there are TWO, not one, VAR officials running their eyes over an incident. Both are generally either Elite or budding elite level officials. They are seeing what has ben referred to them to either confirm the referee's decision, or ask him to reconsider his decision by looking at the pitchside monitor.
They have access to technology that enables hem to see an incident from several angles, at both normal speed and slow motion. If the game is televised, both the commentary team, AND THE PEOPLE SUBSCRIBING TO THE CHANNEL, get to see what the officials see. For some (not so) strange reason, he only people not getting this shown live are the match going supporters, who are denied this privilege in real time to see the incident on the ground's large screens. Another oddity is that both Anfield and Old Trafford seem to be exempt from having such screens. (I wonder why that is?)

Take 2 examples from the weekend' matches-at Elland Road and Old Trafford (I would choose those, wouldn't I ? )
AT Elland Road, A Leeds player DELIBERATELY stamped down on the back of Bernardo Silva's Achilles tendon. The referee, Mike Dean, only booked the player. VAR backed him up as a booking only.
At Old Trafford, 2 players, Martial and Lamela, had a short spat of what could be described as "handbags", with Lamela going down as if Tyson Fury had hit him. The referee, Anthony Taylor, sent off Martial for "violent conduct" and booked (?) Lamela for the same offence! Later, Shaw DELIBERATELY hacked down a Tottenham forward when the ball was nowhere near the incident. Taylor booked Shaw. VAR concurred.

The 2 matches involved 2 referees and 4 VAR officials, ie, 6 Elite members of PiGMOLs finest.

In both matches, those 6 officials applied the LotG in neither a correct nor consistent manner. all offences should have warranted a red card under either Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct as per Law 12, portions of which are copied below.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

These examples are not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to appalling decisions being made and backed up by VAR. There may be times that VAR does force the referee to reconsider and change his decision but they are very few and very far apart. So much so, that they are usually mentioned on the sports' news. The only conclusions you can draw are that:
a) They're all incompetent - which they're clearly not, as they get the vast majority of decisions right.
b) They're all bent - I don't want to believe it. I really don't.
c) Instructions on how to interpret the LotG are themselves open to interpretation by senior officials within the game and passed down accordingly to be followed,.

I'm not a great fan, honest.
Quality post.

The dippers hadn't won the league for 3 decades, VAR gets wheeled in and in the first season we had to win 14 games on the spin to win the league by a point..

This after the unbelievable calls that went their way courtesy of VAR..

VAR couldn't afford to fuck it up last season hence the dippers not getting a shit VAR call until after Christmas..

The West Ham fan is clueless as to what's going on but ace at cut and pasting shit that nobody is interested in..
that was 2018-19. VAR didn't get used in the PL until 2019-20.

Not that I think VAR isn't being used to influence results in favour of certain teams (2, both play in red... seen as being financially important for the PL product thanks to the sheer number of glory hunting, overseas plastics they attract...more TV subscribers, bigger TV contract negotiated)

The behaviour of match officials in the 2018-19 season was equally bent, they just didn't use as much subterfuge (people hiding in an office hundreds of miles away from the ground)... you only have to recall the dippers visiting West Ham...liner fails to spot Mr 8 Million signing on fee 2 yards off side whilst being barely 5 yards away from the action...and then there's an even more obvious liner error in the last minute, but origi's shit and he fucked it up.

How any professional organisation could carry out the shitshow which unfolded last season is beyond belief...why leave yourself open to the accusations they did - by going against what every other major European footballing nation did...especially as they've now fallen into line and proven that they can still fiddle the outcome by just ignoring things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.