VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not the test. The moment to test is when the foot first makes contact with the ball, which is a fraction of a second earlier, not when the ball leaves the

Oh didnt know that ! So it's when the foot hits the ball, I always thought it was the moment the ball was played ( left the foot )

Oh didnt know that ! So it's when the foot hits the ball, I always thought it was the moment the ball was played ( left the foot )
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched - The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

You may have been confused by the the justification of tight offside calls against players that show the wrong frame, showing a player offside when the ball has already been played. I notice this especially when it happens to a City player. It may also happen when other teams are playing.

After 54 years watching my beloved City enough is enough, all enjoyment has gone, we can't celebrate anymore as we know that a good percentage of goals will be ruled out (for us not others). The game is bent, we will never win the Chumps league, our punishment for the court victory and now they have the tool to stop us. The club aren't helping as they seem to accept everything dished in our direction, I watched a game a few days ago on big match revisited, The Arse v the dippers, total enjoyment on a muddy pitch with crunching but fair tackles and no one rolling around. Very sad day and all my friends of a certain age agree with me.

After 54 years watching my beloved City enough is enough, all enjoyment has gone, we can't celebrate anymore as we know that a good percentage of goals will be ruled out (for us not others). The game is bent, we will never win the Chumps league, our punishment for the court victory and now they have the tool to stop us. The club aren't helping as they seem to accept everything dished in our direction, I watched a game a few days ago on big match revisited, The Arse v the dippers, total enjoyment on a muddy pitch with crunching but fair tackles and no one rolling around. Very sad day and all my friends of a certain age agree with me.
Every football fan I know despises VAR and the ones who only have a passing interest hate it also. Its added nothing to the game and taken away everything.

You may have been confused by the the justification of tight offside calls against players that show the wrong frame, showing a player offside when the ball has already been played. I notice this especially when it happens to a City player. It may also happen when other teams are playing.

I remember last season, Raheem was given offside in our first game (I think) and Andy Grey ripped the decision apart by showing the decision frame by frame – showing how VAR could be used to give an offside just by selecting which frame they chose.

It's not a second referee as much as a tool to manipulate the game and the result. Certain teams put the ball in the net and there is no VAR check even though there is a possibility of an infringement either at the point of gaol scoring or in the build up. Other teams have almost every goal microscopically checked for any possibility to strike off the goal. I did not beleive the conspiricy therorists at first but as the season goes on I am starting the believe them more and more. The game has gone :-(

Yep - I keep saying it, but VAR allows them to almost script games now – we've had goals disallowed after they've gone right back 30+ seconds to highlight an 'infringement' yet other teams don't have this level of scrutiny put upon them!

Yep - I keep saying it, but VAR allows them to almost script games now – we've had goals disallowed after they've gone right back 30+ seconds to highlight an 'infringement' yet other teams don't have this level of scrutiny put upon them!
A bit harsh that.
Didnt the rags get awarded a penalty after everyone else has fucked off home ?

That’s not the test. The moment to test is when the foot first makes contact with the ball, which is a fraction of a second earlier, not when the ball leaves the foot.
And, if the view of the contact with the ball is obscured, they guess.

Also, because there is no transparency in the process they can choose whichever frame they want to give the desired outcome.

I remember last season, Raheem was given offside in our first game (I think) and Andy Grey ripped the decision apart by showing the decision frame by frame – showing how VAR could be used to give an offside just by selecting which frame they chose.
Surprised Andy wasn't 'retired' straight after that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.