VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if when we went back we all turned our backs or something? No one wants it and it is ruining the game.

Do you think some sort of fan demonstration could be a success in seeing this farce off??

Or am I being delusional?
Doubt it can be scrapped. Var is a actually a good concept, it definitely helps the referees. But doing a movement can help to make changes to some rules that VAR use like maybe to change handball rule, offside rule etc.

I definitely wanted VAR to happen. The amount of penalties the scousers were winning because of the deficient balance system in their players was staggering, I thought it would show them up for the cheats that they are and they would get caught out.
Now it shows that the merest of contacts and they hit the deck, and because it is scrutinised to that level then they are deemed to be legitimate penalties.
it’s ruined the game for me. They were shafted last week with that last minute pen against them but it’s definately benefiited them in the main since it was introduced.

Likewise look at the World Cup , England clearly benefiited by playing like Stoke International.
we were awful in that competition but got that many penalties because of VAR.

VAR is Pandora's box. Once opened never to be closed.
Apart from robbing the joy of knowing you have definitely scored (after a quick scan to the Lino), i feel it is stopping the ref having too much influence on the game.
It is also picking up some things that shouldn't have been missed.

However it does need changing/improving. Allowing us access to the discussion between the Ref and VAR officials would be a good start...

This is where I don’t understand the fans who like VAR. How can any passionate football fan think it’s fine to lose the spontaneity of a goal celebration. Baffling to say the least.
The main reason why I fucking hate it. Unfortunately it's here to stay and football will never be the same again.

Offside wants doing away with altogether , all the decent goals wiped off because some prick can draw straight lines to prove the big toe was offside is a complete nonsense!
What happened to the daylight rule?
I think I’d rather go back to the Brown envelope refs robbing us as at least it was instant and we can sing “Who’s The Bastard In The Black” again!
That last comment says it all mate, back in the day nobody gave a fuck who the refs and lino’s were and mostly never heard of em...
Now they are all grandstanding, narcissistic pricks who crave being the centre of attention... Modern day refs are ruining the game nearly as much as VAR, with their biased and unbelievably incompetent displays..

Fifa have taken control of VAR. Here to stay, so rule change is only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.