VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is what VAR is for -not giving offsides for goals measured by millimetres and stupid lines.

The questions on that decision should be:
  • Why did the linesman flag, he needs sacking?
  • Why did Stockley Park take so long to come to the correct decision?
VAR did right by West Ham, but a whole lot of incompetence on display.

if we sack you every lino who flags wrong then we wouldn’t have any.

VAR had to check a few things , I really didn’t mind. They got the correct decision and I celebrated twice ! COYI

Exactly. We would have been absolutely robbed by a wonderful goal and would unlikely have won.
This doesn’t get a mention by those who are anti VAR no matter what and only highlight the negatives.
Im with you. It has its faults but you will hear nothing about the 15/20 decisions it corrects then all hell breaks loose when there is a slightly controversial one..

Without it, Liverpool, United and Tottenham in the last week alone would have likely got points they didnt deserve due to dodgy decisions.

Totally illogical to me how any city fan doesnt support it. There is a reason Rooney has thrown his weight behind the anti VAR brigade this week and wants it gone. He is well aware what the old system delivered for him and the Rags down the years! Why would he want that to change...

Im with you. It has its faults but you will hear nothing about the 15/20 decisions it corrects then all hell breaks loose when there is a slightly controversial one..

This 100 % !!!!!

what I see is that even when VAR gets it right people still get the hump and say it’s shambles ?! Just because there is a bit of time to check the decision.

how can that be worse than having a goal ruled out wrongly!

It’s one of those things. Silence when it gets it right. Mayhem on the odd gray area incident that the ref (not var) gets wrong.

How did VAR give Chelsea a penalty and not give one to Sheffield Utd yesterday?
Almost the exact same things in both so if one was a penalty then both have to be a penalty.
You can argue till you're blue in the face that they weren't obvious mistakes but one of them must have been because we had two different outcomes!

VAR is fantastic, there was no need to review Maguires elbow to the face of the Newcastle player. If the referee can ignore it so can VAR. That's the rules (it seems) like Salah and Manes constant dives, so it's all good. It is wrong of spit boy to call out his own for being cheating bastards but at least we have VAR, we must support our mate in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.