VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes obviously. You were complaining about millimetres in the world of VAR. In the example i gave the linesman gave offside for one that was 3.3 METERS ONSIDE. And you advocate not having VAR over that??

It may not be perfect or 100% accurate on those really fine calls. Id say the offside law needs changing, as some of those very tight decisions are not in the spirit of the law. But its infinitely better than the old model. the alternative is the Rags get decisions like the one above.

As for your comment above about being corrupt in front of the VAR screen. I refer you back to the Rags/Arsenal offside. Without VAR offside is called (3.3 meters onside) by the onfield official's and the goal doesnt stand. Thankfully as it was checked by VAR the goal stood and the officials had no way of influencing the result with a corrupt decision (3.3 Meters, just let than sink in).

Is it perfect, No.

Does it need to improve and be transparent, Yes!

Is it better than letting officials have free reign to continue making corrupt decisions without any chance of reproach, Yes!!
You are mis reading everything I have said.
1. You mentioned 3.3 metres. I said I had no problem with that being corrected (but to be fair you don't need a machine for that) I have a problem with the decisions that are decided by a big toe.
2. You used the phrase corrupt official in relation to the referee so I asked, if you believe he is corrupt when he is on the field why would he suddenly become incorruptible when he is at Stockley Park

You are mis reading everything I have said.
1. You mentioned 3.3 metres. I said I had no problem with that being corrected (but to be fair you don't need a machine for that) I have a problem with the decisions that are decided by a big toe.
2. You used the phrase corrupt official in relation to the referee so I asked, if you believe he is corrupt when he is on the field why would he suddenly become incorruptible when he is at Stockley Park
1, Thats the point. We did need VAR. Without it the goal doesnt stand. Agreed?? Yes you and i and anyone not bent can see it with our own eyes but obviously the salt of the earth officials in that example inexplicably could not! And that is why we need VAR, as if we leave it to the completely honest officials you get calls like that, that favour you know who.

2, i wouldnt say incorruptible, but its much harder for them to rule out goals like the one in the arsenal/rags example we’re discussing, in a VAR world.

I am not advocating getting rid of VAR but would like it used properly and be operated by an independent body, as I do not trust PGMOL. Also I would like some action to be taken on players who persistently dive.

Unfortunately PiGMOL do not want their influence on the outcomes of games to be affected by having to be open and transparent.

So bloody obvious to football supporters of the non-favoured teams .

Without the corrupt cunts, the rags would not have made the top 4 last season and hence missed out on CL, and clearly getting so many decisions going their way again this season.

Dippers getting so many " penalties " which were clear dives last season etc, etc, etc.

PiGMOL the scourge of football imo.

They were all on field incorrect decisions originally unless im mistaken!!

As i have previously said, its not perfect but it is catching some of the errors. Eg, Maguire’s Penalty from last week which is better than nothing/going back to old model...
They were all upheld due the subjective 'not a clear and obvious mistake' decision if that's what you mean?

Have you read what I put? I said millimetres so how do you get 3.3 metres. If the tech isn't good enough use it but go back to 'daylight between players' so if an official does miss an obvious offside it is corrected. It should not be about big toes.
Second if you believe the man in the middle is corrupt, your words, why does he stop being corrupt when he is sat in front of a video screen?
This is what gets me. The VAR team are the same people!

We're still getting crappy decisions though! I am not even going to bother with pictures because we all know it. And I think it's still feels around the same number of scandals (Pre-VAR v post-var)

I would rather have the crappy decisions without all the VAR nonsense.

(I've also got bored of years of "Its the refs not the tech" or "its the laws not the tech")
Crap decisions without VAR of course also means you don’t need to temper your joy when a goal is scored

Crap decisions without VAR of course also means you don’t need to temper your joy when a goal is scored
And at the opposite end of the scale Goals like Giroud’s last night (great piece of skill) wouldn't have stood and no celebration would have taken place at all. Totally unfairly!

I’m still gutted about Danny Tiatto’s disallowed goal at Boro...

Last edited:
And at the opposite end of the scale Goals like Giroud’s last night (great piece of skill) wouldn't have stood and no celebration would have taken place at all. Totally unfairly!

I’m still gutted about Danny Tiatto’s disallowed goal at Boro...
Fatal flaw in your argument. You do not know how decisions are made by officials now that they know VAR is in place. They may flag just in case, knowing VAR will bail them out. VAR inevitably affects the decision making process.

VAR was introduced to correct "Clear & Obvious errors". That is not how it is being used. Flagging for offside when a quick, second glance confirms it was not is an clear error. Spending 3 or 4 minutes analysing endless replays with a micrometer is not the definition of either clear or obvious.

VAR was introduced to correct "Clear & Obvious errors". That is not how it is being used. Flagging for offside when a quick, second glance confirms it was not is an clear error. Spending 3 or 4 minutes analysing endless replays with a micrometer is not the definition of either clear or obvious.
Bang on, that is my point all over. Clear and obvious is not 5 minutes, super slow mo, 10 different angles and a brew in between. It was meant to be the Milner offside where a newspaper described him as being sat in the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.