Var debate 2019/20

I still think most of the refs are just shit rather than bent.

Then the game really is dead. He is one of the most experienced refs we have so do we now say to him and the rest, that they do not need to make decisions as they are clearly so incompetent and it is best just to leave it all to VAR ?

Incompetence or corruption ? Perhaps someone wanted the score to be 1-0 at half time ? I know you don't buy the betting/corruption theory but I cannot accept that an experienced referee like Taylor can give a foul for Spurs.

Having watched this useless specimen for some time I await him giving a penalty when the ball goes out for a throw-in!

I was as bemused as you over that one. He was clearly offside. If he had scored it would have been ruled out so surely the same applies for any other incident afterwards, foul, penalty whatever. Play should have been brought back for the offside and a free kick awarded to Chelsea. As we keep saying, it is not VAR that is wrong, it is the officials (corrupt or otherwise) making it up as they go along.

i was puzzled to why he could not give offside ?? clearly the game is in a dead ball state and VAR should be view to clearly make the right decision, why was VAR brought in the first place for clear and obvious mistake by the officials ?? its gone on to long for it now to be just learning tool, and clearly its going to be use to help the elite when needs is a must to get a result

VAR has clearly damage any chance of manchester city winning the title this season and pep knows it, yes other things have have a big impact on the run of bad form like injuries and fitness to key players but the soul has been ripped out by VAR, and some of the decisions we have been on the end of are a joke and cost us points, and that is the key when it cost you points because i have not see any VAR decisions cost liverpool any points, in fact they have given liverpool points

I still think most of the refs are just shit rather than bent.

no excusing Taylor giving that a free kick but being a prem ref is an impossible job, the pace of the game is so quick, then you 22 players cheating and appealing for everything and a hostile crowd screaming for their team to have a decision.

i was puzzled to why he could not give offside ?? clearly the game is in a dead ball state and VAR should be view to clearly make the right decision, why was VAR brought in the first place for clear and obvious mistake by the officials ?? its gone on to long for it now to be just learning tool, and clearly its going to be use to help the elite when needs is a must to get a result

VAR has clearly damage any chance of manchester city winning the title this season and pep knows it, yes other things have have a big impact on the run of bad form like injuries and fitness to key players but the soul has been ripped out by VAR, and some of the decisions we have been on the end of are a joke and cost us points, and that is the key when it cost you points because i have not see any VAR decisions cost liverpool any points, in fact they have given liverpool points

The offside is simply the wording of the VAR rules.
The check was to see if it was inside the area, and ended once it wasn't. If VAR changed the offside, it would need using on every freekick.

The offside is simply the wording of the VAR rules.
The check was to see if it was inside the area, and ended once it wasn't. If VAR changed the offside, it would need using on every freekick.

but the ref stopped the game for a free kick so he and VAR should have got the right decision between them and what if spurs score from the free kick when being clearly offside

Question for the refs on here. Almiron, when he scored for Newcastle this week, took off his shirt in celebration and then ran into the crowd, both yellow card offences yet he only received one. Anyone know why?

but the ref stopped the game for a free kick so he and VAR should have got the right decision between them and what if spurs score from the free kick when being clearly offside

I'm not denying that it appears to be counter-intuitive.

The alternative would be checking every decision made just in case something was wrong in the build-up - a foul, a ball out of play, all of that would be checked.

Question for the refs on here. Almiron, when he scored for Newcastle this week, took off his shirt in celebration and then ran into the crowd, both yellow card offences yet he only received one. Anyone know why?

The offence is over-celebrating.

Certain things are cautionable as you say, but it is pretty much unthinkable that a double booking would occur as it is all one offence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.