Var debate 2019/20

I've got a question for you. If there's a blatant handball for a penalty and the referee waves play on, when and how does the VAR intervene, if at all?

Doesn’t the VAR go to his earpiece in this instance or when the ball goes out of play ?

Doesn’t the VAR go to his earpiece in this instance or when the ball goes out of play ?

I don't know either. But I think by now every football fan ought to know what's supposed to happen because it's a pretty crucial use of the system. Before VAR we knew what happened. Nothing. But now it's not nothing, it could be anything. Nobody seems to know. Lack of transparency doesn't come more opaque. This sort of thing is why people are beyond sceptical about the way it's being used.

What if the ball next goes out of play in the back of the other team's net?

Reactions: SVP
I don't know either. But I think by now every football fan ought to know what's supposed to happen because it's a pretty crucial use of the system. Before VAR we knew what happened. Nothing. But now it's not nothing, it could be anything. Nobody seems to know. Lack of transparency doesn't come more opaque. This sort of thing is why people are beyond sceptical about the way it's being used.

What if the ball next goes out of play in the back of the other team's net?

good points and questions. I’m sure it’s clarified in the VAR rules. Need to have a look

nah, not offended and i've never reported anyone, i'm just here debating VAR - I've stated many times my grievances with it aswell, but for me it has to be the way forward - as refs without technological help would equally kill the game for me.
Hopefully in time it will be more transparent and improve and you'll come back. Have a good crimbo Blue.

you are saying refs without help will kill the game? It’s done alright so far I’d say. I also think if var was scrapped many fans would accept the human error from a ref more, instead of the mess we now have? Killing a game more is knowing people are meant to be watching a game to deliver the correct calls, it is more of a game killer them people getting it so wrong that a ref, in the speed of the moment making a split second decision. Also not being able to celebrate a goal is killing the game. You’ve dug a hole so deep your only option is to keep going. You can backtrack and say what the rest of the football world is thinking, we won’t think any less of you x

I've got a question for you. If there's a blatant handball for a penalty and the referee waves play on, when and how does the VAR intervene, if at all?

Well if the dippers go up the other end and score than VAR ignores the handball. I did see a match at the start of the season cant remember which teams. But there was a handball and the other team went straight up the other end and scored. At that moment VAR looked at the handball and gave a penalty so the goal didnt stand and play was brought back for a penalty. Like some have said depends on which teams are playing !

Lol , most against Chelsea ? We’ve been fucked over by var 4 times in one match , bullshit those stats

good points and questions. I’m sure it’s clarified in the VAR rules. Need to have a look
IFAB says
If the ‘check’ indicates a probable ‘clear and obvious error’ or ‘serious missed incident’, the VAR will communicate this information (but not the decision to be taken) to the referee who will then decide whether or not to initiate a ‘review

The referee can initiate a ‘review’ for a potential ‘clear and obvious error’ or ‘serious missed incident’ when:
• the VAR (or another match official) recommends a ‘review’
• the referee suspects that something serious has been ‘missed’

If play has not already stopped, the referee stops play when the ball is next in a neutral zone/situation (usually when neither team is in an attacking move).

So in other words, any official can alert the ref and recommend a review.
The ref doesn't have to take any notice.
If he does take notice, he can only stop the game if the ball's bouncing about in midfield.

Sounds like a good, fair system to get those 'correct decisions' for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.