Var debate 2019/20

More a reflection on fans reaction to such a dramatic winner ultimately being ruled out, rather than the fact that we went out, when in honesty, no one in the stadium, players, fans, officials etc thought there was any problem, I truthfully did not think VAR was brought in to microscopically check every goal, although that has definitely became the case, particularly with regards to a factual line decision such as offside.
. I thought it was brought in to correct game changing howlers. The problem is, now they have started to do it, and they have the power, they won’t give it up. Offside was brought in to stop “goal hanging”, not to rule out an otherwise perfectly good goal, because someone was a millimetre ahead, and they now have the technology to check it ( pity they didn’t do that properly Wednesday)

I am confused by the process.

Is every goal analysed, if not does the video ref or the ref himself ask for the option to view footage?

So once again you use the word "coward" when its not warranted.
I could also claim that all those people who think that shit should not happen are cowards,based on your reference that ""cowardice" indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge.
So our challenge being shit on/or not forms the basis of cowardice.
You can`t have it both ways sunshine.
If you honestly think that for one moment you would have accepted the refs decision,had it been a Vinny goal or not you would have taken that decision without any form of being out-raged.
I don`t know who you`re trying to kid,maybe yourself,but certainly not me.
A coward ... because I feel that the goal should stand ,based on other peoples perception that the referee was NOT given other angles to view.The fact that its also BT Sports fault for some unfathomable reason BUT NOT the shit defence on the night.
We move on and look forward to another City win tomorrow and onwards to being crowned PL Champions ... of that I have no doubt as these players will be really up for another fight.
And again I'd say that mistakes made by us and refs' incompetence or cheating are two seperate matters. We did a lot of good things over two legs but did some pretty terrible ones too which proved costly. I still maintain that if the refs had done their jobs objectively, we would have gone through inspite of the fact that we made it hard for ourselves in being casual with the first leg, penalty missed, shit defending, some selections, etc. These do no detract from the fact that what was done to us the other day warrants investigation.

Think of it this way, even Llorente would have no qualms if the goal was disallowed because he knew that hks forearm helped the ball in. If I was a Spirs fan I can tell you that I'd be gutted if the goal was disallowed (who wouldn't) but I'd never never tag it as an incorrect decision. I'd be massively gutted because a massive chance to progress has just been lost. Its one thing to take a goal and another thing to admit it was wrongly awarded. They are not mutually exclusive events.

Var is a joke according to Manchester's own transport chiefs. Well I certainly hope someone doesn't get too drunk tonight and smash the fucking thing up

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...anchester-transport-chiefs-back-more-16154077

57387459_10158694552822575_471425377164591104_n.jpg

Last edited:
I thonk Bar was use 5 times over 2 matches. Sons goal and our penalty in 1st match. Kompany handball Lorente goal and Aguero offside in return match. Probably all var decisions were correct. Aguero not scoring from a penalty that we didn't even appeal for is still the main reason we didn't qualify as well as Laporte having an absolute stinker along with Delph asleep for Sons goal in 1st match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.