Var debate 2019/20

They were supposed to review incidents where a clear and obvious error was suspected. If the hair of one of your arms is offside and the ref fails to notice, is that a clear and obvious error? Thought not. Get this farce sorted out.

Yep it would seem that Gallagher and his mates dont know at what point the off side line is drawn, they guess

So going by that VAR isnt fit for purpose

I don’t think they do guess, I think they know full well there’s a big margin of error they can manipulate for when they do draw the line, the game’s so quick there can be a huge difference between showing the line when the ball just reaches the passing players foot and then actually leaving it, people are too busy watching the line and don’t pay full attention to the initial pass, a classic misdirection technique !

This is what we need in the Premier League. Of course there will still be bad decisions, but at least things are explained, and are a bit more transparent.

Here we have a media guy leading the calls for changes to the way VAR is communicated to the fans. Fuck how it's communicated, get rid of it and don't fall for the same crap again. It's the media that campaigned for years for VAR, not the players, not the club's and certainly not the fans.

VAR was introduced to give Sky and co more time to analysis decisions, stay on air longer and sell more ads. This farce is on them and any idiot that fell for their bullshit over the last 5 or 6 years. Having Mike Riley explain that Pukki's toenail or Jota's arse was a millimetre offside won't make the decision any more palatable.

I'd hazard a guess at 1! Against Villa I think, but funnily enough, their opposition teams have much higher numbers.

It's a funny old game.
I'd hazard a guess at 1! Against Villa I think, but funnily enough, their opposition teams have much higher numbers.

It's a funny old game.
Against Watford, Aston villa, Manchester United, and the goal that rashford scored againts them was a foul with Origi that ref just waived it off even when VAR clearly showed foul. Must be a few more, can't remember.

This is what we need in the Premier League. Of course there will still be bad decisions, but at least things are explained, and are a bit more transparent.

This is shite. The questions would be put by the TV pundits!/commentator. They would choose the incidents to refer to and the nature of the questions. Detailed scrutiny of every decision that has gone our way and detailed scrutiny of decisions against Liverpool and United. This wood apply even more pressure to refs to get the preferred decision.
So naive to think this will help. It will add to the problem. It helps the TV companies play to thier audiences.....

Can someone confirm what the Premier League quote of ''we have a strategy in place'' was?

What was the full quote, what was the wider context it was supposedly in reference to and who said it?

Can someone confirm what the Premier League quote of ''we have a strategy in place'' was?

What was the full quote, what was the wider context it was supposedly in reference to and who said it?

" He said, "Without being disrespectful to any club, we have a strategic plan at the Premier League and the strategic plan says putting a new name on the trophy in every six-year period. That doesn't mean we don't want any team to win it. It just means we would rather see some sort of rotation, for all neutrals in the game (what Leicester achieved) was a big moment." Asked how many teams "were in with a realistic chance of adding their name to the Premier League trophy," Scudamore joked, "If Leicester did it last season then you would have to say 17" (SKY SPORTS, 8/10).

There's also this

Speaking in South Africa as part of the Premier League’s promotional work in the country, Scudamore acknowledged the mass appeal of United is key to attracting an overseas audience but viewers may turn off if their favourites are underperforming.

“It’s a double-edged sword,” Scudamore told Bloomberg. “When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.”

“There’s lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again, but you have to balance that off against, generally, we’re in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete.”

I suspect united may well be the team to challenge Liverpool's dominance over the next couple of years or so, how convenient !

Against Watford, Aston villa, Manchester United, and the goal that rashford scored againts them was a foul with Origi that ref just waived it off even when VAR clearly showed foul. Must be a few more, can't remember.
'Busser' you say? Not Bus bottler?

Can you not get on your own forum busser? Your username alone gives you away.

However I will indulge you this once and agree that its probably more than one occasion in total, but even a blind man can see that var has assisted you greatly, being on the right end of dodgy decisions the vast majority of the time. There are too many examples to list.

Your fan base are scum on the whole and most neutrals truly dislike you and your self entitled club.

Enjoy your tainted title.

Tata.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.