Var debate 2019/20

Yep just seen that - £9,251 plus VAT per game

Thats over £6k per hour for a man in a portakabin and a few monitors

Who comes up with that price? - robbing bastards

Isn't Old Mother Riley a funeral director when he's out of the PiGMOL office? Question: What shall we charge the clubs for us looking at the monitor and making sure the teams on this A List get screwed over, Mike?" "Let me see, Jonny, what did I charge for the last burial? Er, oh yes, £9250, that'll do nicely, and don't forget the ubiquitous VAT!!"

We could have the 4th official holding up a banner and we could get some poor buggers to sponsor the Ass Refs flags - VAR + VAT!

And if they don’t bother showing it ala Salah’s, what then.
Then we know they aren’t using VAR, like any time we play Liverpool this season.

It’s strange people think I am defending VAR, when I’ve been one of the most vocal critics of it from the beginning and one of those that have stated that the current implementation/use is just designed to aid in the manipulation of match outcomes.

I am just analysing how this change *should* help improve VAR offside assessments, not that it will if they decide not to actually do it as described.

I’m on board with you pal.

It is getting and will continue to get better.
PIGMOL cannot continue to have it all ways though , all tight calls need to be shown both to the match day crowd and the TV audience.
Liverpool and United should be told to lose the seats and fit the system, period.

Then we know they aren’t using VAR, like any time we play Liverpool this season.

It’s strange people think I am defending VAR, when I’ve been one of the most vocal critics of it from the beginning and one of those that have stated that the current implementation/use is just designed to aid in the manipulation of match outcomes.

I am just analysing how this change *should* help improve VAR offside assessments, not that it will if they decide not to actually do it as described.
The idea of it is fine but their reluctance to show the ref or the public the evidence that either agrees or overturns a ref decision makes everyone suspicious.

I guess the real question is whether we'd be happy if VAR was removed or would we be moaning even more about offsides not seen or given incorrectly, penalties not given or given by mistake, certainly the shithousing in the penalty area which has all but ceased would return with knobs on, personally I think with a few tweaks here and there it's far better with VAR

I guess the real question is whether we'd be happy if VAR was removed or would we be moaning even more about offsides not seen or given incorrectly, penalties not given or given by mistake, certainly the shithousing in the penalty area which has all but ceased would return with knobs on, personally I think with a few tweaks here and there it's far better with VAR

As Keith Hackett keeps saying. Stick to the actual IFAB rules and it will be fine. PiGMOL have decided to use their own rules and getting away with manipulating matches because of it.

Someone has had enough

Pep Guardiola on the missed penalty vs Spurs: “In the Champions League, it would be retaken, but in England there is a new rule. The referees spoke with my team and said they don’t care and the goalkeeper can go forward and they will not disallow it..."

“So, in one country, it is one way and, in another, it is another way. That’s the situation. I’m not in the meetings any more. In Europe, you would have to repeat the penalty, but in England? No. Here, they say the keepers can do that." #MCFC | @ManCity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.