Var debate 2019/20

Was just coming in to post this.

My assumption is that they will do what many of us have previously suggested on here and just thicken the position line set on the second-to-last defender — if the (unchanged) position line on the relevant attacker is in or behind the defender line, they are onside.

I know some argue it is just moving the line, which in a way it is, but at least this change recognises and *attempts* to mitigate the margin of error inherent in these decisions using VAR (i.e. video frame rates and 3D mapping on 2D images systems).

And it is in keeping with the spirit of the offside rule: benefit of the doubt going to the attacker.

so the Sterling will be 4cm and the Salah line 300m. Will just be like the refs who walk 8 steps for one team's freekicks and 11 for the other's.

Hmmm i don't trust them to move the lines and it make any difference,going back to daylight will only do for me,they can't hide day light
Can’t disagree with the distrust — as you know, I don’t trust the league, FA, UEFA, or FIFA further than I can throw them off the Beetham Tower.

But, at this point, if they actually do as they say, I do think it will help with *better* offside assessments, even if there is still considerable room for improvement beyond this modification.

so the Sterling will be 4cm and the Salah line 300m. Will just be like the refs who walk 8 steps for one team's freekicks and 11 for the other's.
The thickness will be preset and it’ll likely be very easy to tell if they are varying it.

This doesn’t solve the frame rate issue (e.g. which is the correct frame to choose for the release of the ball from the passing player), and few other issues, but if implemented fairly, it should improve assessments.

Again, with incremental change, that is generally as good as it gets.

The thickness will be preset and it’ll likely be very easy to tell if they are varying it.

This doesn’t solve the frame rate issue (e.g. which is the correct frame to choose for the release of the ball from the passing player), and few other issues, but if implemented fairly, it should improve assessments.

Again, with incremental change, that is generally as good as it gets.

mate they draw the fucking line where they want, Chelsea at home proved that when it ran diagonally from somewhere near Zouma's arse to just conveniently collide with Raz.

Not to mention the fact they don't even bother to check properly at Anfield.

The only solution is to put me in charge, simples.

mate they draw the fucking line where they want, Chelsea at home proved that when it ran diagonally from somewhere near Zouma's arse to just conveniently collide with Raz.

Not to mention the fact they don't even bother to check properly at Anfield.

The only solution is to put me in charge, simples.
Start the petition, we’ll all sign it.

As long as you are locked in the VAR room... ;-)

Can’t disagree with the distrust — as you know, I don’t trust the league, FA, UEFA, or FIFA further than I can throw them off the Beetham Tower.

But, at this point, if they actually do as they say, I do think it will help with *better* offside assessments, even if there is still considerable room for improvement beyond this modification.
They said under pressure that the refs can use the monitors,have they? the are also under pressure from the governing body for VAR so they have to say something,they will still decide not to check the dipper offsides but still spend 3 mins on ours
At this point i trust nothing about pigmol

They said under pressure that the refs can use the monitors,have they? the are also under pressure from the governing body for VAR so they have to say something,they will still decide not to check the dipper offsides but still spend 3 mins on ours
At this point i trust nothing about pigmol
I am just analysing the proposed modification, I obviously can’t say if they’ll actually do it as described.

You know my (very explicit) thoughts on how VAR was implemented and used this season, though.

I am just analysing the proposed modification, I obviously can’t say if they’ll actually do it as described.

You know my (very explicit) thoughts on how VAR was implemented and used this season, though.
I enjoy your posts but much of it goes over my head ,i can just about analyse the different between salt and vinegar and cheese and onion crisps lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.