Var debate 2019/20

So what happened to any handball in the penalty area, even accidental ones are punishable? Wolves just had a goal chalked off for the same offence????

Think that is only if a goal has been scored after an accidental handball

In this instance, is rather karma-ish that Boly should be the guilty party (again)

The intent was not to persuade, rather it was to inform. To let the inexperienced know that a few of us have experience with this, and it will be okay. :) The game will go on.

There are advantages and disadvantages with most things. As much as we liked better TV coverage, slow motion replays and endless live football, it exposed the faults that referees and officials make they are human. It also exposed cheats and corruption. Referees have probably got better over the years but the mistakes and the clamour to criticise has got worse, all egged on by the media feed . Technology was necessary to assist the referees but it needs to be used properly and consistently. It should not replace the pitch official's authority/decision and they cannot refer all decisions to the guy in the back room, that is my fear from it's introduction as it will introduce delay and remove all spontaneity from the most exciting part of our game. The one thing i would like to see introduced is the 'miking' up of the referees. It will stop the verbal abuse they receive from players and we may get to understand the reason for their decisions. ( sponsors will see to it that players, managers, etc behave themselves ) There will still be enough passion in the game.
We'll see how it all settles down over the next few weeks hopefully it will bed down . For me what goes on in America can stay in America . Just my opinon, speaking as a fan for the last 50 years

Enjoyably :)

The game didn't flow as well either by adding Offsides. I'm sure a lot of purist whined about it when it first got instituted. But we grew used to it. And now we will grow used to innovations that reduces the error rate in that rule.

Also later decisions are not unique. Playing advantage is a type of delayed decision. We got used to that too.

The only thing constant about the rule of football is change.

Most American fans are already used to delayed celebrations. The technology will get faster and decisions will take 1-5 seconds instead of 20-30 seconds.

We will all be better for the accuracy. Except for the conspiracy theorists that is :)
My worry is over analysis of the build up to goals.
VAR is now looking for reasons to rule out goals.
The game is definitely not better for this.
Initially I thought VAR would benefit attacking sides ( like us) but now I think the opposite.

Initially I thought VAR would benefit attacking sides ( like us) but now I think the opposite.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the first penalty to be given by VAR for holding at a corner.

The system is still open to manipulation from the VAR decision maker , the Premier league do not want us to run away with the title again , they need a competitive league , i fully expect us to be on the wrong side of the VAR decisions when they are totted up come the end of the season , and the opposite will apply to the Dippers , there will be no Easter title presentation this year , VAR will see to that.

Taking all decisions into account, we were not at the wrong side of VAR decisions last game. There is no need to be pessimistic just after a week.

I agree, when a goal is scored, there is then a concerted effort at finding a way to disallow it, this
results in a complete break in the intensity and flow of the game, and sucks out the sponteneity.
Football isn't a game that lends itself to this intense scrutiny, and I think it's going to cause more problems
than it was designed to eradicate. There is now more screaming and rowing about VAR than before it was introduced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.