Var debate 2019/20

Yesterday I watched a re run of the rags game on Sunday, yes I know. The goal where rashfod scored from a through ball from pogbad looked well offside. Yet there seemed no VAR on the video I saw.

Does anyone know if it was checked ? And more importantly WHY it was not VARed ?

You need to ask?

Encouraging that they are going to actually review events then. That is exactly what they should do.

Good if they are looking to review offside law.

Poor that PGMOL have had all this time to implement it, then after x1 round of games they are reviewing it, more that they havnt really got to grips
with its implications during the x2 year implementation process

Surely, if they do review offside law, they will remove the annoying need to flag an offside player, when they play or attempt to play the ball in their
own half after having running back from an initial offside position in their opponents half.

Yesterday I watched a re run of the rags game on Sunday, yes I know. The goal where rashfod scored from a through ball from pogbad looked well offside. Yet there seemed no VAR on the video I saw.

Does anyone know if it was checked ? And more importantly WHY it was not VARed ?

All goals are checked including that one.

Good if they are looking to review offside law.

Poor that PGMOL have had all this time to implement it, then after x1 round of games they are reviewing it, more that they havnt really got to grips
with its implications during the x2 year implementation process

Surely, if they do review offside law, they will remove the annoying need to flag an offside player, when they play or attempt to play the ball in their
own half after having running back from an initial offside position in their opponents half.
The trouble is they buy into the process and start becoming advocates for it. It's human nature. It becomes your project and you lose sight of its shortcomings.

Who is left asking the questions? Only football supporters. The media are pathetic. No doubt there will have been the odd honourable exception. By and large their critical faculties are dead.

Encouraging that they are going to actually review events then. That is exactly what they should do.

They really are trying their best to make the game fairer and better, the toys out the pram reaction after 1 weekend in which VAR was overall a success is frustrating.

What do you think?

The point is that the whole thing is under review. No reason to think that it is not genuine after all they have a vested interest in the credibility of the game.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/var-offside-decisions-under-review-8v8bdhmz7
If they're genuinely reviewing their procedures, that will be good for the game. Perhaps our perfectly good goal which was ruled out will have a positive outcome for the game in general.

The PL is a £5bn a year business. The last thing the PL would want to do is spoil the experience for their worldwide audience, which will ultimately affect the brand.. Fans not feeling able to celebrate goals is not good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.