Var debate 2019/20

I agree rules are rules, but you have to apply some common sense. Not one person appealed against Jesus' goal, the commentators said nothing, the referee didn't blow until after. Without VAR, I highly doubt "Controversial goal wins it for city in last minute" would be the headlines the following morning, or endless debates about whether the goal should have stood. It wouldn't even be an after thought. Its an absolute farce, and City fans and players have every right to point it out.

To be fair though, the rule change was well publicised over the summer with that one and Wolves were impacted by it last weekend too. The issue is with the change in law as that is what has made handball in that context as binary as ‘over the line or not’.

Had that been given, wolves would rightly have been kicking off about it.

We also have to acknowledge that the VAR situation has been caused by sky and the micro-analysis of every game. Before we saw spit the dog and rat boy drawing circles on screenshots in a Monday night nobody wanted any like VAR

Let's be honest every goal we score this year will be under var scrutiny and they will be doing everything possible to chalk off at least 50% of them....theres no way on gods earth that we will be allowed to win the league fair and square ...rodri's tag team match today without being even looked at just showed how corrupt this whole thing is

I agree rules are rules, but you have to apply some common sense. Not one person appealed against Jesus' goal, the commentators said nothing, the referee didn't blow until after. Without VAR, I highly doubt "Controversial goal wins it for city in last minute" would be the headlines the following morning, or endless debates about whether the goal should have stood. It wouldn't even be an after thought. Its an absolute farce, and City fans and players have every right to point it out.

The rule is a farce, but it's a rule. I don't have problem pointing about the rule being shit. But personally, I'd accept that easily if there weren't situation where VAR refs just dodn't give a fuck about it when it should advantage us. That's what I am fuming for.

I know many are mad about not being able to celebrate, emotions and that.. but I'd live with that as long as the game would be reffed fair. That's why I was a huge supporter of VAR until today. Help refs, enforce the rules whatever they are (if it is bad, it can be pressured t change it), but be fair. And don't think I'm a fucking idiot saying Rodri's penalty was not a fucking stonewall. The stonewall that ref might not see, but VAR does and does nothing with it. That part is pure cheating.

Name me one rule they don't exist in football and VAR do me a favour its the death of the game other than as a background noise in the living room.

Tbh, not sure what you mean with name me one rule, it sounds like nonsense, but I do understand the other part. I'd be willing to sacrifice some emotions fuckups if it would be fair though. I understand many wouldn't, but I would. And that's why I supported VAR so far. But not like this. This is the worse than without it. Ref could have some benefit of doubt before, now it's proved cheating.

Worse mate real football will die. It’ll be replaced by a load of geeks playing e-Sport. May as well watch fifa if you sterilise the greatest game on earth who’s beauty was linked to its simplicity
The most popular team sport on earth wasn't enough for the people who make their living from it so they thought up VAR I might just leave them to it.

Tbh, not sure what you mean with name me one rule, it sounds like nonsense, but I do understand the other part. I'd be willing to sacrifice some emotions fuckups if it would be fair though. I understand many wouldn't, but I would. And that's why I supported VAR so far. But not like this. This is the worse than without it. Ref could have some benefit of doubt before, now it's proved cheating.
We have LAWS in football not rules, and the first law should have said if it's not broken don't fix it.

We won 4 trophies last season. Clearly this agenda isn't working

[/QUOTE]

Apart from the CL games last season, there was nothing that the meedya could have done to deny us what we won. They couldn't scrub off goals 'cos we had so many! Any chalking off of goals would have been seen for what it was - blatant cheating, and we still have a couple of friends in the meedya who would call it for what it would have been.

I, too, have faith in the game, but not a scrap for the people running it, misgoverning it, and the hordes of hacks writing about it!

It’s ironic that it’s us that seems to be getting the worst of the very marginal decisions. We were all in favour of it when we thought it would stop farces like the Milner 2 yard offside, the Salah dives and the blatantly wrong decisions in our CL QF against the dippers. Now that we’ve got it it’s like Frankenstein’s monster that’s now off the leash. We should have been careful what we wished for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.