Var debate 2019/20

Difficult to envisage any real issues so long as VAR is utilised openly and applied impartially in every game. There's simply no way it could be blatantly used to the detriment of one Club whilst benefitting certain others.

Oh, hang on...

Still livid about the game... but...

I actually think in the long term gain we could do all right out of VAR come May. The Rodri incident has been extensively covered and chastised by both Sky and MOTD. As we move forward these decisions will start getting punished as they are game changing incidents. As we tend to spend much more time in the opponents box than any other team in the league, you would think we would Benefit from this eventually

I also think that we will see a massive drop in the old’ one shot on goal.. one goal conceded City drop points pattern we have endured these past few years. This is purely because with the VAR review system we will see less goals count.. I would imagine around 30% odd of all goals VAR will find fault with which when you drop points to a team scoring 2 goals from their only 2 shots bodes more favourably for the team spending the majority of their time peppering your goal with 20+ shots.

Basically I expect teams to score a significant less amount of goals this season due to VAR which in all honesty would benefit us as we rarely win by a goal so the margins should hurt our rivals more.

That said that’s reliant on no corruption and an even playing field... perhaps I live in Nania!

Must admit it was hard to take in the moment but now having calmed down and having time to review the decision it was a clear and obvious handball and we should all be thankful we play in such a wonderful league which can make use of such ground breaking and advanced technology

I love you.
I'm sorry i just had to :P

Mars arses on here do my napper in. It’s according to the rules. LIVE WITH IT.

We WILL benefit at some point.

Like it or not get on with. It’s fair.

Should of had a pen for the Rodri foul but the handball is consistent with the new rules. You only have to look at Leicester and Wolves match last week. It is a bit ambigious how close the handball has to be from the point of scoring. Whats the window from the the handball and the ball going into the back of the net?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.