Var debate 2019/20

Am I missing something here or do these rules state that our goal shouldn't have been ruled out?
• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm - a goal directly from a handball Llorente style?

• a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity - Laporte never gained control/possesion of the ball

• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm) - neither are applicable

Does anybidy even know the handball rules anymore? It's all so vague at the moment it's frankly ridiculous.

I believe you are.

First point: Llorente's was in a different competition and under a previous set of laws to Laporte yesterday. There was no law last year which covered Llorente's, which I do not believe was deliberate. Under the new rules, it would have been ruled out.

Second point: Hit Laporte's arm, and created an opportunity (Jesus). I think that it makes sense that possession can be gained by a teammate rather than that player.

The problem was that it didn't leed to a goal. Jesus still had to collect the ball, turn and move across into a shooting position. Before shooting and scoring. Would agree if the ball had fallen at his feet and he had shot straight away.

That's the only argument I've seen which would argue against the decision.
Not knowing what the directive is to the refs on how to interpret it is a problem.

The problem was that it didn't leed to a goal. Jesus still had to collect the ball, turn and move across into a shooting position. Before shooting and scoring. Would agree if the ball had fallen at his feet and he had shot straight away.

Yeah, if the ball was accidentally diverted into Gabriel’s path from Laporte’s arm when the ball would otherwise have gone out of play, and he scores , that’s handball. What happened yesterday wasn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.