Var debate 2019/20

What I heard was if it hit the hand first it doesn’t matter if he scores with his hip, foot or anything else?
So no goal regardless?

Clattenburg says if it goes directly from the hand to the goal, it doesn't matter if it is deliberate or not, it's not a goal. But in this situation, if it touched the hand it was very slight touch and it went in from the hip so it's a good goal.

I agree with him. Hand touch didn't change anything for referee to rule out that. It's shit luck for us, specially after last year with Liverpool but I think it's a good call and I welcome VAR as it will help us in long time.

Clattenburg says if it goes directly from the hand to the goal, it doesn't matter if it is deliberate or not, it's not a goal. But in this situation, if it touched the hand it was very slight touch and it went in from the hip so it's a good goal.

I agree with him. Hand touch didn't change anything for referee to rule out that. It's shit luck for us, specially after last year with Liverpool but I think it's a good call and I welcome VAR as it will help us in long time.
That's not what he said. Unless I missed something in what was quoted here?

As I said a change in direction however slight can be the difference between a goal and a save there. It's not relevant whether it goes straight in or not.

I dont have an issue with VAR and I expect it will get more decisions right than wrong, but wtf does it take so long to reach a decision
dídnt take any time to rule out raheem's goal..no mucking around re-watching it then.

It doesn't matter how big or small the touch was. It hit his elbow, clear as day. It resulted in him scoring from his next touch so you could say he gained control from the ball hitting his arm.

We could say whatever we want but refs have different view, based on what instructions they have.

One thing that makes me mad about this is that it was shown only from one angle to the ref. If he saw other angles, he might rule differently based on pressure or whatever and canceled the goal. I might think he made mistake and say "bad luck spurs", but I'd be more than happy. But that decision to show him just the one angle was criminal.

Mate, seriously. I wish you'd stop saying "slight touch", "brushed his arm" etc. It bounced off his elbow.

So there’s 2 different referees telling to different rulings.
No wonder fans are confused.

Mate, seriously. I wish you'd stop saying "slight touch", "brushed his arm" etc. It bounced off his elbow.

if it bounced from his elbow it would go to different direction and not the hip that was just below it. But anyway, nothing we could change now. Shit happened and that's it :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.