Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

It comes from a misunderstanding of the laws

Bluephoria likes this.
  2. simon23

simon23

That is the best angle though (that I have seen) so far

3. Bluephoria

Bluephoria

Not so sure about that. The rule suggests it is possession or control for that player .

• gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
      • scores in the opponents’ goal

• creates a goal-scoring opportunity
    so the player gains possession / control after it has touched their arm and then scores or greates GSO. The suggestion that it is the team raises the issue of how many moves can be interposed between touching the arm and the goal or GSO.

4. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

I actually don't buy the conspiracy theory. I reckon it's just human nature to have teams you like and teams you don't and it is mostly sub-conscious favouritism.

5. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

It’s barely been talked about amongst our own fans, never mind anywhere else.

Most of the debate on here has been about whether it hit his arm or not, most people saying that it his his shoulder so should have stood or that it should be disallowed but it’s a shit rule.

Both are incorrect because even our fans don’t know the new law properly.

Laporte did not gain possession or control of the ball and then create a gso so the goal should have stood.

danielwood5, hammocity and Bluephoria like this.
  6. ctid1894

ctid1894

Up in SSL3 no fucker knew why that goal had been disallowed, odd people were saying handball while others said Jesus was offside and someone else mentioned a push from someone. That’s a huge issue and one that needs clarification from officials immediately to prevent it escalating. Our players were clearly angry at the decision, the Spurs players were laughing and the fans were just confused.

It’s a bad mix, made even worse when you get home and realise the goal was ruled out for something which looks to me like the ball hits Laporte’s shoulder which isn’t handball anyway. Well not according to the officials last week who said Sterling’s shoulder was offside.

Dubai Blue likes this.
  7. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

We used to be told that bad decisions would "balance-out" over a season.

Now we're being told that VAR decisions will "balance-out" over a season

8. ctid1894

ctid1894

Now that will never happen simply because we would see violence on and off the pitch if fans disagreed with the decision after seeing the evidence, the corruption of officials/VAR officials would see someone stabbed in this day and age guaranteed.

Can you imagine the Rodri push being shown at the ground and us not getting a penalty, people would be on the pitch at that stage.

9. bluejon

bluejon

Hear what you're saying, but even if they sorted VAR out so it gets it right every time, it still completely ruins celebrating a goal as you don't know anymore if it's going to stand or not. This isn't the game I signed up for. And yes, my missus would also appreciate not having to govern 10 months of the year around our fixture list, but.... tough. City were there before she was, but if this carries on, someone else can have my seat.

steveb15 likes this.
  10. Bluephoria

Bluephoria

Thank you. I was wondering if I'd missed something. There are too many using the 'any touch by an attacking player' and either accepting it or repeating it