Var debate 2019/20

Also Danny Murphy, and Tim Cahill spoke well on MOTD2 last night.

Only a matter of time before you are going to get fans protesting. Banners, tennis balls, people walking onto the pitch.

If it happens again, I'd be in favour of going on the pitch and getting the game abandoned. Fans have been ignored in VAR and my head has been wrecked twice now by celebrating last minute winners only to see it ruled out. The football authorities did not consider fans at all.

Unfortunately the football authorities do not give a shit about the fans. As its not the fans where the money is made it's selling it around the world where they make the cash. Var for them is the football equivalent of a contestant stood in front of Simon Cowell or Alan sugar waiting to see if they've been selected or not. You only have to look at some of the comments in the BBCs live text feed of the game to see this in action with comments saying it's brilliant because it adds drama etc.

football currently is at a cross roads in which the authorities can either hold up there hands and re evaluate VAR, ffp etc or they can blindly carry on down the same path which will cause many ordinary fans to walk away from football.

Suspect they will carry on with the later and in which case to quote another reality TV programme with a dramatic pause.

Its not for me and for that reason I'm out

The bile and vitriol being posted over a correct decision is staggering . I'm reading about pitch invasions because a decision went against us ? What's next ? Assaulting the ref ?

You'll end up costing us more than 2 correctly ruled out points . You'll get us point deductions and stadium bans . That's really going to help . People suggesting this nonsense are a disgrace to the genuine lover of the game . We've been through far worse than a disallowed goal and come through it . Show a bit of class.

VAR will be good for City ultimately. Dippers and rags won't score from off-side positions at least and won't get so many favourable decisions. Rags got 12 pens last season, 3 times what we got. Won't happen with VAR, I'm perfectly sure about that. We'll benefit in some important games from VAR as well and people will find it more acceptable.

But whether we get some help later on in the season is really neither here nor there.
What matters is that the biggest joy in the game is now decimated. All football fans will hate this. We are ahead of them on the curve because of events but the inability to see and celebrate a goal will be universally hated before long.

A question, if Adrian, the Liverpool keeper, cleared the ball straight into Ings, touching his hand om the impact and then crossing the goal line: would that be ruled out?

But whether we get some help later on in the season is really neither here nor there.
What matters is that the biggest joy in the game is now decimated. All football fans will hate this. We are ahead of them on the curve because of events but the inability to see and celebrate a goal will be universally hated before long.

There are two different debates here: whether VAR is good for football and whether it will be bad for City. I'm not saying anything about the former, only that it won't be bad for us in terms of the league campaign.

you keep repeating the same thing but you do not understand that difference between gaining possession of the ball and gaining control of the ball . The law differentiates between the two .

Gaining control = The player has now got the ball under their control.

Gaining Possession = The player has gained or kept possession of the ball for their team .

The ball hits his arm and therefore falls to Jesus (kept possession following the cross ) . Jesus then scores .

Goal disallowed because of an unfair advantage from the ball hitting his arm .

It seems reasonable to me that the ball going to a teammate counts, and the differentiation you make makes sense to me.
More so than opinions here which claim that the way refs interpret it is wrong.

It hurt City this time, but it's exactly the same as the Wolves one last week where it hit Boly and rebounded to a teammate. If it's consistently reffed, and it will be obvious if it isn't, then it's fine.

It's the same principle as e.g. Liverpool getting 10 penalties in a season. If all ten are for handball on the goalline, then the total number is meaningless as they're all correct. It is only incorrect decisions that should be considered.

This is a current major flaw which needs to be ironed out ASAP.

Refs should not be allowed to pick and choose which on-field incidents they want to check. They either have to check them all or scrap using VAR for potential penalty calls.

At worst, it should be stated which the ref has overruled and which VAR has no problem with. That would set the cat amongst the pigeons!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.