Var debate 2019/20

VAR - there is a different interpretation of the Laporte `goal`.

The argument (which appears to have been accepted without careful scrutiny in the media) was that the decision to rule out the winning `goal` was a correct interpretation of a new handball rule and therefore by the letter of the new law correct (putting aside views about the actual law itself).

Referring to the new Rule 12

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

"It is an offence if a player:

• gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity"
The question is - after the ball had touched Laporte`s arm, did he gain possession / control of the ball and then create a goal scoring opportunity?

The answer rests on what the words possession / control and create mean.

There is a strong case that the goal should have stood based on the letter of the new Law 12.

It was Jesus who then had to gain possession and control the ball which was on its way to him naturally in any case, and create it by kicking the ball to one side and curling his shot round Spurs players into the net.

It was all due to Jesus. Praise the Lord.

the pogba penalty in my opinion was 100$ a dive and should have been over ruled by var. he instigated the contact all the defender did was stand his ground. no chance over any of the dives from tom dalery's students salah firmino and salah being over ruled this season
Come on now. Be serious. Stuck his right leg out THEN “stood his ground” as Pogba nutmegged him!

Even the player knew he was dead to rights.

Let’s not get too Raggy in our post-match analysis.

As for the Scousers, you may have more of a case, but let’s gauge each incident individually.

Seriously, I’m at a loss how people can’t see the defenders right foot make contact with Pogbas left foot on that vid on the close up.
There's definitely contact. The question is who initiated it. I say Pogba did but to be honest you see this happen week in week out and they are given.
All attackers do it. They seek out contact. There was no tackle made. It doesn't seem to matter nowadays though.
In fairness to Pogba, I don't think it was as obvious as some I've seen given. Some we've benefited from too, although not too often. All teams do it.

There are a number of 'mysteries' in the operation of VAR in his little room that are unclear to me. Perhaps I have missed something.

Firstly. How many referees get involved in on screen refereeing? In the Women's WC it showed three all nicely togged out to watch a screen. It even named all three. So how many do they have in PL matches? From what I've seen there was one who was mentioned at Saturday's game and he seemed t be relatively inexperienced. So if there is just the one how do they keep an eye on a fast moving game where the ball is pinging around like on a pinball machine? If it is just one man how did he deal with the alleged offence by Laporte and still watch Jesus a split second later? Even if he has other refs with him it is not easy to spot potential offences and continue watch the play. So do they wait for a goal to be scored and then look for a reason to disallow it using the many camera angles covering the average PL match?

2 It strikes me that it is not easy for a layman to operate all this technology at his fingertips so my next question is what 'assistance' do they get from the TV technicians in viewing all these camera angles, the slow motions that goes with it and the lines curly or otherwise we get to see a couple of minutes later. So to what extent do the TV technicians and director control what the VAR sees. Or does not see. I doubt very much that any referee is able to operate all that technology himself. Several TV compactness show lots of bias in the coverage by presenters - why not in the VAR reviews?

3. So how does a an experienced match referee who has worked his way up the ranks even to FIFA level on the pitch in the middle of the sight and sound of the action react to being over ruled by a relative novice? It seems these often self important little twits so easily concede their authority to the VAR?

4. Lastly a more simple question but with a difficult answer - how the fuck did that dirty little get a free kick after Bernie had waltzed round his and the other two? The media also seemed to have missed the foul as well as the lovely footwork as well./

Things we know about VAR:

1. It is still subjective for fouls.
2. It is still inaccurate for offside as the exact moment of the final pass is subjective, potentially resulting in an error of meters not millimetres.
3. The interpretation of the laws of the game varies between officials.
4. The officials will still lie about what they saw/didn't see.
5. Camera angles can be manipulated to justify an outcome.
6. IT IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

VAR.... it's a brexit level debate for people who love football and dont give a fuck about politics!! ...welcome to the party you lot!!

Come on now. Be serious. Stuck his right leg out THEN “stood his ground” as Pogba nutmegged him!

Even the player knew he was dead to rights.

Let’s not get too Raggy in our post-match analysis.

As for the Scousers, you may have more of a case, but let’s gauge each incident individually.

You really don't get the game if you look at that and don't see a player in the air before he's touched.

If he is saying Oliver thought Rodri dived well it didnt look like that with oliver antics of finger to ear and a shoulder shrug.
Oliver didn't see it. It was shown clearly by SKY last night. He was looking away and then shrugged because he didn't see it. Swarbrick's version of events is fiction. I think Oliver was bounced into it by the VAR team. They are just covering each other's backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.