Var debate 2019/20

By the way, watch the ref after he gives their goal, he motions to the hip.

He didn't see the handball in the VAR because the angle we all saw wasn't given to him.

Can anyone point me in the direction of this directive after the Otamendi goal that states all handballs from now will be penalised?

There’s plenty of articles from IFAB about how the rule change comes into effect from next season where it doesn’t have to be deliberate but i think unfortunately the goal should have stood even if all angles were shown.

It wasn’t deliberate, his arms weren’t outstretched or making himself bigger. Yes the annoying thing is if it doesn’t hit his elbow it properly doesn’t go in but I think it has to stand.

They won't be able to find one. You're right that it's about next season.
Whether the goal last night would have been disallowed was down to the ref and what he saw to make his judgement.

This is the one thing that boils urine to point where the receptacle melts. It is bloody obvious what teams are doing, particularly goalkeepers. There are two possible solutions. First, an independent timekeeper where there are two identical halves of playing time (however long the knobs it FIFA may decide) or players clearly wasting time are sanctioned. If an outfield player repeatedly broke the laws of the game by a series of fouls he would be booked. A goalkeeper can continue to take time out by walking slowly to the opposite side of the goal area, three outfield players can have a conference as to who is taking the throwing! It's one of the biggest shambles in the game that the lawmakers seem more than happy to maintain. Has a goalkeeper ever been cautioned for timewasting within the first half? And how the time is arrived at for the criminal nonsense of 'added time' is just another way in which games and outcomes can and, I am convinced, are manipulated. I also understood that VAR in Euro comps was for the ref to go and look at a monitor on the pitch side. Cacky Canute ne'er moved from the middle of the pitch. It also seems that VAR operates on a 'limited' number of angles. Why is that?
Somebody unaccountable decides which angles to show the ref to come to the desired decision whole thing stinks to me.

aguero-offside-1.jpg

Ball on Bernardo's foot; Aguero marginally offside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.