Var debate 2019/20

All goals are reviewed, I think. The ref can invoke on certain things, but offside can be invoked from the VAR people. I assume this is what happened.

So the VAR staff can invoke what they choose ? It's open too so much corruption when they can show the angles they choose and which dessisions they choose to look at. It's shit and as I stated earlier in the thread is would rather put up with a few bent refs than some faceless bent twat that can't be called out

Eh? That still has the ball right on him. you can see it.

It definitely isn't near Eriksen's feet

I think he means that at this exact moment the ball is still travelling towards Bernardo, the next frame would be interesting as Sergio is moving back into an onside position.

Basically this is about as marginal as it gets, Sergio could well be on side at the moment of contact with Bernardo, that was my instinct at the time.

Not when a goal is scored though:

Quite simply, we've been stitched up. It could be entirely unintentional but we've been stitched up all the same. And this is coming from someone who is in favour of VAR. I've said all along that the technology is fine and that the issue is how that technology is implemented.

Yeh I read that and thought we'd be done over too. But nowhere in any official documents are these UEFA instructions. So are these instructions from Rosseti to the UEFA officials but not written down as any law?

NOT WHEN A GOAL IS SCORED
Nowhere in the laws of the game does that get mentioned. No random screenshot of a random website here, I’m talking the actual laws of the game.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/laws-of-the-game-2018-19.pdf?cloudid=khhloe2xoigyna8juxw3
Page 102
“Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.
Handling the ball
The following must be considered:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.