Var debate 2019/20

Can someone explain to me (as US coverage was shit and didnt show it) who gave the offside. The one replay US TV showed (about 15 mins after the game) the linesman had his flag down the enture time Aguero had the ball. So how did the ref know? The bloke in var replayed it immediately? And told the ref?
The game had restarted and I still thought we were winning 5-3 as i was going mad in the pub!

aguero-offside-1.jpg

Ball on Bernardo's foot; Aguero marginally offside.

Can't help thinking if Eriksen had played that ball a split second later Aguero would have been onside :(

Such fine fcking margins.

Can someone explain to me (as US coverage was shit and didnt show it) who fave the offside. The one repky US TV showed (about 15 mins after the game) the linesman had his flag down the enture time Aguero had the ball. So how did the ref know. The bloke in var replayed it immediately? And told the ref?
The game had restarted and I still thought we were winning 5-3 as i was going mad in the pub!

All goals are reviewed, I think. The ref can invoke on certain things, but offside can be invoked from the VAR people. I assume this is what happened.

Yes, although even that description is inaccurate - I don't think that line in quotations is going to be what the law says (happy to be corrected, and can't look it up right now).

The closest thing next year is including of ball striking hand in scoring or direct build-up meaning that a goal would be ruled out.
I assume the direct build-up part is such as this incident, rather than a few seconds beforehand.

The more FICKFUFA fiddle the LotG, sorry, the more FICKFUFA, clarify the laws, the muddier the water becomes. Teams have bent the laws as time as gone on. Once upon a time handball was a simple matter of intentional playing the ball with the hand, but we saw some teams getting away with a game of netball in their area to our expense, then they come along with the notion of 'making yourself bigger' and now we have arrived at the point where someone can blast a ball two yards away and if it hits yer arm it's a pen. A couple of more seasons and each LotG will consist of a volume that has much the same length as a biblical one. And at that point the application of the LotG will be no clearer.

Yes, where have you been all your football watching life? The ball can hit your hand and it not be hand ball.

Not when a goal is scored though:

AS’s resident referee Iturralde González commented: ”It hits his hand first then his hip and the UEFA instructions are clear: you can't score if it hits your hand, even if it’s involuntary. It doesn't matter if the elbow is tight to the body. If it happens to a defender it's not a penalty, but if it's an attacker it has to be disallowed. Rossetti has told the UEFA referees.”

He added: "Irrati (the VAR) - the number one VAR official - advises Çakir because he's seen a hand. When Çakir comes back from seeing the images he tells the players 'I didn't see anything. It hit his thigh.' They didn't play him the view from behind where you can see it hits the elbow. The error from the VAR is not showing the two key images. Why? The question is getting it right, not how long it takes."

AS’s resident ref's conclusion: "Manchester City are out because the VAR wasn't used properly".

Quite simply, we've been stitched up. It could be entirely unintentional but we've been stitched up all the same. And this is coming from someone who is in favour of VAR. I've said all along that the technology is fine and that the issue is how that technology is implemented.

He can only view what the ‘host broadcaster’ shows him. Given what they showed him, he was entirely correct in giving the goal.

So refereering decisions via VAR are not decided by the refs but by Sky Sports?

I'm not a tin foil hat person but how come the second angle is available now but not at the time?

Not when a goal is scored though:

Quite simply, we've been stitched up. It could be entirely unintentional but we've been stitched up all the same. And this is coming from someone who is in favour of VAR. I've said all along that the technology is fine and that the issue is how that technology is implemented.
Hopefully that will shut a few up as to whether or not it was handball or not.
Although I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.