Var debate 2019/20

Although strangely not the club that has been deemed to be a closest challenger... I wonder why?

I feel a need to set my record straight after the last hour or so.

I have no issue in terms of VAR being used deliberately against us because it's been the same for many teams. Rags yesterday should have had a pen. Spurs earlier was a pen. The list goes on. The issue is the bar is to high, in particular around overturning a penalty.

I do, though, think there is a clear agenda within the league which is set against us. I think potentially this will work it's way into VAR in the next years but as far as this weekend goes, it's the system not the refs.

As for liverpool, you are right, they are favoured without question but in terms of VAR, the reason they haven't been involved is because VAR hasn't needed to step in.

Nobody is saying it wasn’t an obvious penalty, if it was only happening to us then fine but it’s not just us is it? Who’s this so called agenda designed to benefit? It’s cost united and spurs points this weekend for decisions just as, if not more obvious than anything we’ve been on the end of, Chelsea was on the end of an equally poor decision in a very tight game but ultimately didn’t cost them.

Liverpool are the only big side yet to suffer a woeful decision but they’re also yet to benefit from it too and I find it hard to believe in a world where 99% of this country despise the Liverpool cult and according to their fiercest rivals, one in seven people alive are united fans, that all the people in charge at the premier league, FA, pgmol, any other football organisation needed to carry out such an elaborate plan are all Liverpool fans desperate to see them win. Thoughts like that belong on RAWK.
The dippers will not be robbed of any points,put your house on it

Nobody is saying it wasn’t an obvious penalty, if it was only happening to us then fine but it’s not just us is it? Who’s this so called agenda designed to benefit? It’s cost united and spurs points this weekend for decisions just as, if not more obvious than anything we’ve been on the end of, Chelsea was on the end of an equally poor decision in a very tight game but ultimately didn’t cost them.

Liverpool are the only big side yet to suffer a woeful decision but they’re also yet to benefit from it too and I find it hard to believe in a world where 99% of this country despise the Liverpool cult and according to their fiercest rivals, one in seven people alive are united fans, that all the people in charge at the premier league, FA, pgmol, any other football organisation needed to carry out such an elaborate plan are all Liverpool fans desperate to see them win. Thoughts like that belong on RAWK.

You are going to extremes. See my last post in respect of VAR.

Peps reaction on the content I pointed you in the direction of was very telling, wasn't it?

The last bit in particular, 'it will be an incredible challenge to win this league again'.

You and I both know exactly what he means here. He sees the agenda. That was a very subtle way of telling the league to fuck right off.

And to be clear, I am not talking about VAR, yet....

Red cards should be reviewed by VAR.

Anything else relating to goals though and the teams should have 2 appeals. 1 per half maybe.

Stops everything being checked and keeps the flow of the game.

Appeals system works great in NFL, tennis and cricket.
Far too sensible

It seems to be of benefit to the teams outside the 'top 6' (bar Liverpool) yet the supporters of teams outside the 'top 6' are still complaining it benefits the 'top 6'.

Is it being used in an attempt to level the playing field or is it just gross ineptitude in the guise of a 'clear and obvious' attempt to prove our officials are generally right most of the time?

Either way it is not fit for purpose .... although I do think it is in our interests for more 'top 6' sides to suffer as we do. Their media pals will only question the process once their teams start suffering.

It's also noticeable how many Spurs fans have come out as anti VAR tonight. They are rightly getting criticism given their celebrations last week, but I think that in itself shows that we, as supporters, shouldn't be getting all tribal and billy big bollocks when one goes for us … we should all be fighting the same fight. The only way the current system will be beaten is by supporters groups singing from the same hymn sheets. Forget tribalism for a few months and fight to save the game as we know it!!!
Spurs, being a somewhat contender to Liverpool, were denied an absolute penalty on Kane. Var didn't reverse Mike Dean's decision. the commentator said I guess it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake.
there in lays the rub, what's the point of Var technology other than a tool to manipulate a game if it clearly shows a foul and yet a human gets to make the call?
the ref's going forward are going to take the heat off of themselves and are not going to hardly call any penalties and unload the responsibility on some central scrutineer.
ditch var, give the game back to the ref, at least the very bad ones are dealt with. speed the game back up, and let fans celebrate a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.