Var debate 2019/20

VAR is fine as a system. It's the idiots operating the system that are the problem. No consistency, no transparency and no idea. They also appear to have changed the way it is working which means different games have been played under different laws i.e. we surely would have been given at least three penalties in the league this season. And what has happened to the fact they said the ref on the field makes the ultimate decision as this has been quite obviously a lie since day one. It's a corrupt system helping certain teams and people line their pockets, of that I have no doubt.

I think we have also had the same game reffed under a different set of Laws, too. What obtains in the first half is no guarantee that it will be consistently applied when the teams are back! At best, it's a bloody shambles! But is anyone surprised?

I may have misinterpreted, but I don't think that's true. The two incidents are separate things.

If a defensive handball is enough to be a penalty, it would (should) be brought back whatever the result of the play is. VAR would (should) be reviewing off the defensive handball, not the outcome.

If the outcome is a goal it becomes and offensive hand ball, if not a goal then no offense. Same with all these 1mm offsides and Laporte's, they only review if a goal is scored and become ultra strict.

Some laws haven't been thought through, such as hand ball if the ball is in the penalty area and the player isn't where they make contact with the ball.

The worst is penalty kicks where the taker and the goalies both commit an offence - if scored it is an indirect free kick, but if missed they get to retake, so the team benefits greatly from missing if they offend.

VAR is going to produce a full-scale riot soon.

Chelsea v Ajax. Second red. Exact same situation as Ota at Schalke. Similar to pen at PSG too. They see making the body bigger as a yellow card offence. You only get that impression when you watch everything in slow mo away from the ground.

That 2nd red at Chelsea v Ajax must rank as one of the worst decisions in football I have seen. Criminal that refereeing totally changes a game.

VAR is going to produce a full-scale riot soon.

Chelsea v Ajax. Second red. Exact same situation as Ota at Schalke. Similar to pen at PSG too. They see making the body bigger as a yellow card offence. You only get that impression when you watch everything in slow mo away from the ground.

That 2nd red at Chelsea v Ajax must rank as one of the worst decisions in football I have seen. Criminal that refereeing totally changes a game.

And presumably, I haven't seen the game, all that was done with the assistance of VAR? Did the ref run over and consult the telly on the side?

As for a riot, there must be even among the gentle souls in CBL3 someone who might have waited for Mason to fall asleep on the 1900 from Victoria to Bolton and given him a good slap!

This is getting a level messier now, we now have two situations where the PL have overuled VAR with decisions. (Silva Goal awarded by dubious goals thus offside and Son Red). How can they stand by VAR now after ripping it apart already & where does it end

An unlikely scenario:

VAR is altered dramatically from next week & Everton get relegated by a single point. They will reflect on the penalty decision against Brighton and have a strong case that only one weekend of the 38, would the Keane tackle have been given due to changes of the rules mid season. Surely they could end up in the Court of Arbitration for Sport

The whole process needs to be simplified.

The on-field official makes 100% of decisions. They should be allowed to view any incident they are unsure of leading to a goal, penalty or red card on the big screens when the game comes to a natural stop (e.g. free kick, goal kick, throw in) or when there’s a lull in play (e.g. no immediate attack or counter attack). Any incident missed by the referee should be brought to the officials attention by the VAR official at those stops or lulls in play.

Communication should be completely transparent between officials (on-field and VAR), players and fans during those decision making processes and all incidents shown on the big screens.

e.g.
Referee “please can we review the potential David Silva penalty incident? I think he may have been fouled but couldn’t be certain from my angle”
VAR replay incident on big screen for the referee to make his/her final decision, on-field official to request different angles.

e.g. 2
VAR official “please can you review the David Silva penalty incident?”
VAR replay incident on big screen for the referee to make his/her final decision, on-field official to request different angles.

If a decision can’t be made in 1 minute of being shown on the big screen, play is resumed with the original decision standing.
I would suggest something simpler. The only remit of the VAR panel should be to bring something to the attention of the ref and "suggest" he might want to go and look at the pitch side replay.

And presumably, I haven't seen the game, all that was done with the assistance of VAR? Did the ref run over and consult the telly on the side?

As for a riot, there must be even among the gentle souls in CBL3 someone who might have waited for Mason to fall asleep on the 1900 from Victoria to Bolton and given him a good slap!
Ref must have got a indication from VAR on his ear-piece

There were fights after City v Spurs. I am pretty sure that had Ajax been allowed in the ground last night, they'd have been fighting afterwards too.

I posted this on the Bravo thread. How on earth is this a foul? Are we enforcing rules where if you get within a few cms of a player, it's a foul now? There's absolutely no excuse for not overturning it and this shows why VAR should be nowhere near football because it has time and time again refused to rectify mistakes as blatant as this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.