Var debate 2019/20

Fans have power but because of the tribalism in football we won’t come together but I tell you now we absolutely need to get organised & stop this vile concept that will ruin the game, they’re taking our game off us & repackaging it for tv round the world , dreading next year to watch the game I used to love changed forever.

Dippers, Haringey and Raggies are out!

You were all happy you got a pen in the first leg vs Spurs, and I doubt anyone complained about VAR then, even if it was a poor decision.
Under the rules and directives it was the right decision. Harsh, but correct. That is, not poor.

However, I said at the time I was uncomfortable with it. I think officials think the same way, they have to give it but know it's soft. The game often feels different afterwards and we don't get those small decisions for a while after.

I hate VAR with a passion. Its a spontaneous sport and refereeing mistakes are part of that for me. I’ve never seen a game in 50 years where the ref made more errors than our team. Should we only celebrate goals once the other team kick off for the restart? If so it’s not for me any more.

I guess I just think that when he didn’t see anything definitive from the left side of the screen, if he had just looked at the right side ONE SINGLE TIME he would have seen what he needed. Didn’t do it, so only saw one single view out of possibly four or five available.

Surely he is able to ask to see every angle? Or, ask to see a different angle again?

It just didn’t make sense on such an important call to just see one angle, shrug your shoulders, and say “Fuck it, goal!”

It makes me wonder whether he was told that what he saw was the only angle available. When you see a try in rugby where five or six players are locked in a tackle and take the ball over the line, we see a multitude of angles. It's standard. And the fans see everything the ref sees. Just why do we not have that in football. I have long complained that there is little vision in the governance of football and that might be one reason why they are so painstakingly slow at adopting anything that other sports embrace, or it might be what I would label as having a selection of preferred outcomes, and being able to choose the one they like best!!

When you lost last years CL tie to Liverpool, salah was clearly offside for the first goal at Anfield. VAR would have rightly ruled him offside. You all would have been happy. The Milner deflection- 2nd leg - VAR would have given the goal to Sane. People were wishing they had VAR.

You were all happy you got a pen in the first leg vs Spurs, and I doubt anyone complained about VAR then, even if it was a poor decision. The 3rd Spurs goal last night would have been harsh if disallowed. Goes in off his hip. Aguerro was offside. Unlucky, but correct decision. I wasn't arsed about who won. Correct decisions were made. Whether VAR is any good for the game is debateable.

VAR has changed the game for better or for worse, just like billion dollar owners have. A 90 page thread on the merits of VAR. if you'd won, this thread would not exist. Simple.

I cannot wait for VAR to go against your mob.

Because, at some point it will.

Let’s see if you come back and give it the big un then.

same here mate, i said earlier in thread that i wont be chucking money at something i dont enjoy

I have been against var from day one and weds nights fiasco - my first live experience of it - my belief that it will ruin the game for the match going supporter has only been confirmed.
When my mrs and everyone sat at home knows more about what's happening than i do it makes a mockery of shelling out 80 notes to be there.

I cannot wait for VAR to go against your mob.

Because, at some point it will.

Let’s see if you come back and give it the big un then.

We all know it won’t though, As was seen Wednesday. It’s totally in the hands of the clown who wants to interpret it how he deems fit.
You cannot legislate for stupidity or media influence.

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned in what is becoming a long thread, but VAR was supposed to be the
end of all argument. That we're on here 90 odd pages on, it's clear that it's doing nothing of the sort, yes it
happens to be City who have copped for what looks a contentious decision, but very soon, the same sort of
thing will happen to the Dippers/Rags, or whoever. When it does, and it will, the fundamental reason for
VAR's existence will be nullified, if folk are arguing like fuck even more than before its introduction, and all they're
getting in return is play stopping at the most exciting and critical stages, interminable delays, running back and forth
to telly's, whilst frustration mounts, it's going to cause more problems than it was introduced to stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.