VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing how quick they are to apologise to Red Tops but i don’t think we even got an apology for the Rags offside goal last season and no explanation as to why Wolves avoided a 2nd yellow today which had a similar affect on the result.
Or no apology for Forests complaints v Rags or the 2 wrong penalty calls, both in Dippers favour v Bournemouth or the Sheffield Utd Rugby tactics on Haaland which strangely were not penalties.
Or the reverse fixture end of last season when Jota avoided a red and Sours denied a blatant penalty at Anfield.

But Dippers, yep apology soon after

Clearly a shocking decision to disallow the goal, it was obvious to the naked eye that he was onside.

We have been on the end of numerous shockers at the hand's of Liverpool though, so I shan't be shedding any tears on their behalf.

People will say do this or do that, it will make not one jot of difference in the long term, the ref's and their var mate's in the PL are a law unto themselves.

It’s like the red card they got at home to Bournemouth. The crying and faux media outrage over it and totally ignoring the wrong decisions in the same game to give Dippers a penalty and also to deny Bournemouth one.
Since then they have got 1 card at home for about 40 or so fouls, compare that to the amount of cards we pick up.

Amazing how quick they are to apologise to Red Tops but i don’t think we even got an apology for the Rags offside goal last season and no explanation as to why Wolves avoided a 2nd yellow today which had a similar affect on the result.
Or no apology for Forests complaints v Rags or the 2 wrong penalty calls, both in Dippers favour v Bournemouth or the Sheffield Utd Rugby tactics on Haaland which strangely were not penalties.
Or the reverse fixture end of last season when Jota avoided a red and Sours denied a blatant penalty at Anfield.

But Dippers, yep apology soon after
Seem to remember Arsenal getting an apology after the Brentford game last season straight away as well

It's shit. Please let it continue to be misused against the scousers, as a) lol and b) there is no fanbase the media is more scared of, and maybe they can help push to get rid of it.

I said at the time Diaz looked onside, that's absolutely criminal that they've got that wrong, Liverpool have every right to be fuming.

I don't think football has been any better since VAR came in, I actually think when you factor in how much it affects a goal being celebrated it has been significantly worse.

I think refereeing is also a disgrace in this country. I've said it a million times today but the fact Hwang stayed on the pitch for that tackle on Walker is also as criminal as that Diaz offside call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.