VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said at the time Diaz looked onside, that's absolutely criminal that they've got that wrong, Liverpool have every right to be fuming.

I don't think football has been any better since VAR come in, I actually think when you factor in how much it affects a goal being celebrated it has been significantly worse.

I think refereeing is also a disgrace in this country. I've said it a million times today but the fact Hwang stayed on the pitch for that tackle on Walker is also as criminal as that Diaz offside call.
Excellent post

Wasn’t the point of VAR to rule out human error? This was also the first time there was no lines drawn at all.

They haven’t got the bottle to come out and say 4 of them have got it wrong.

Not a Liverpool fan but this was a shit show

So they're saying that in trying to speed up decisions they missed the person who was actually playing Diaz onside yet have declined to implement the technology that has proven to speed the process up? YCNMIU!

Until they start making these idiots accountable for their mistakes then nothing will change. These officials are supposed to be the best we have in the country yet week-in week-out there's glaring errors occurring. Yes, they are operating under pressure but so are air-traffic controllers and you rarely hear about them making mistakes. If they can't do their jobs properly then find some who can. That includes the person at the top of the tree who's supplying these directives too.

So they're saying that in trying to speed up decisions they missed the person who was actually playing Diaz onside yet have declined to implement the technology that has proven to speed the process up? YCNMIU!

Until they start making these idiots accountable for their mistakes then nothing will change. These officials are supposed to be the best we have in the country yet week-in week-out there's glaring errors occurring. Yes, they are operating under pressure but so are air-traffic controllers and you rarely hear about them making mistakes. If they can't do their jobs properly then find some who can. That includes the person at the top of the tree who's supplying these directives too.
They’re not under pressure because they are not accountable. If they fuck up they might be stood down for a week but back doing the same job and making the same mistakes

Micah’s just said on MOTD that the graphic the ref was met with was there to plant the seed to send him off. Hes right. They always start from the beginning of play. Yet they had it on pause for the ref to see the worse possible angle.

Really odd.

Clearly a shocking decision to disallow the goal, it was obvious to the naked eye that he was onside.

We have been on the end of numerous shockers at the hand's of Liverpool though, so I shan't be shedding any tears on their behalf.

People will say do this or do that, it will make not one jot of difference in the long term, the ref's and their var mate's in the PL are a law unto themselves.
Got to admit I didn’t give 2 fucks that they got ripped of infact I found it even more enjoyable that it cost them the match . As for the sending offs well the Curtis jones one was a terrible tackle and deserved it .

It gets even better/worse… apparently VAR thought it had been given as a goal originally which is why he didn’t think he had to over rule the decision…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.