VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing how quick they are to apologise to Red Tops but i don’t think we even got an apology for the Rags offside goal last season and no explanation as to why Wolves avoided a 2nd yellow today which had a similar affect on the result.
Or no apology for Forests complaints v Rags or the 2 wrong penalty calls, both in Dippers favour v Bournemouth or the Sheffield Utd Rugby tactics on Haaland which strangely were not penalties.
Or the reverse fixture end of last season when Jota avoided a red and Sours denied a blatant penalty at Anfield.

But Dippers, yep apology soon after
In the good old days apologies were never given the ref officiated the game to the best of his ability mistakes were made, just like every other participant, but the final whistle was the end of it Webb who loves the limelight finds it necessary to make apologies every week.

You know things are bad when you watch a game that's not the team you support and the refs is having a shocker again.
Nothing will change with var while it's managed by others refs (work mates )
Every weekend mistake after mistake.

Hooper: Was it offside Dazza?

England: Sorry Hoops...I'm just trying to hear what Neville says about it...playing back the Sky Q box now...I'm confused if I'm honest. He says it's a Liverpool goal but he's a scum United fan....Maybe I heard it wrong? No goal Simmo!

Just how the actual fuck does a panel of about 4 blokes whose job it is to check for offsides when a goal goes in, not check for an offside when a goal goes in? They’ve got one fucking job!!

VAR isn't going anywhere but it's implementation has been flawed from the outset. Other sports have managed to implement an approach to technology that is assistive to the match official and pretty much completely transparent. In comparison football's attempt seems to employ a different 'philosophy' to other sports and the relationship between the onfield ref and the var officials is a mess.

In an ideal world all assistive technology would be automated and under the control of on field officials. We're not there in terms of technology yet so the obvious thing to do, which has been said on here many times, is to.open up the mics and the replays and make the process much more transparent. That in turn would prompt the debate about the relationship between onfield and video refereeing; which is probably why they'll resist doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.