VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how's this any different to fans forums when a VAR mistake goes against them ?

It isn't any different. That's the point. You think it's appropriate for a club, its directors and its management to behave the way fans do on a fan's forum?

I am trying to support your unwavering support of VAR in this case.

Edit: removed the gobbledy-gook (I hate this phone)

Last edited:
How does a commercial bod have so much input and who else is in the room while all this is going on?

I don’t imagine they normally do. His job is just to work the tech. on the instructions of the VAR, producing the images he requests.

If you stop the audio at the point where the VAR says “check complete” it was in fact a perfect example of how it is suppose to work up until that point. The VAR and the operator come to a quick and precise understanding of where the VAR wants the lines drawing and with minimal delay to the game, they correctly identify it’s not offside.

If the VAR had conveyed that correctly to the referee, I don’t imagine the operator would have said another word. He just seemed to think he had to speak out as I don’t suppose he could believe that no one else could see anything wrong.

For Premier League games I’m pretty sure it’s just the VAR, AVAR and the video operator in the room. I know for the World Cup they had an assistant to the assistant. Not sure what his specific role was though.

This mistake has never happened before, there was just a mix up on audio and it got given.
It's a freak one of out of the hundreds and hundreds offside calls since VAR.

people need to take each var incident in isolation.
It does highlight glaring deficiencies in the process. We think this is the first time something like this has happened, but we don't know for sure. There may have been incorrect decisions due to poor comms before, but not of this magnitude.

It's no wonder they have been dragging their feet before agreeing to requests for audio to be made available.

You know that, if whoever wins the league (and I obviously hope it's us) doesn't finish at least 3 points ahead of Liverpool that they are never ever ever going stopping banging on about how they were robbed.

It does highlight glaring deficiencies in the process. We think this is the first time something like this has happened, but we don't know for sure. There may have been incorrect decisions due to poor comms before, but not of this magnitude.

It's no wonder they have been dragging their feet before agreeing to requests for audio to be made available.
They should just release audio as a matter of course now. Remember when sky had fanzine commentary of games? They should have a VAR room feed. They get it anyway

This mistake has never happened before, there was just a mix up on audio and it got given.
It's a freak one of out of the hundreds and hundreds offside calls since VAR.

people need to take each var incident in isolation.
You missed never happened TO LIVERPOOL before lol

Don't recall this much fuss and constant media attention when Sheffield were denied a goal against Villa, or when we lost the derby due to a ridiculous decision or when various LiVARpool players were not shown a red card etc etc. It happened, it shouldn't have but it did, move on now. It's getting ridiculous with calls for replays, MPs moaning about it, usual death threats blah blah blah.

Notice the Rashford audio will never be released. This incident pales by comparison compared to that bent shit show!!

There's a delicious irony that the mistake was done by a man who's been very favourable towards Liverpool throughout his career.
That's probably why it was so shambolic, I bet he couldn't believe an official would give a tight offside against Liverpool so didn't bother checking anything properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.