VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know exactly who i mean and its the same fella saying those words.

Its not what he said, its how he said it. Ive listened to it a few times now and his words are unclear and incoherent. He starts a sentence and doesnt finish it.

Ok fair enough its not on him. Its the other 2 clowns for clearly not watching the game but non of them come out of it well. Nobody is clear and succinct in there vocals. Talking over each other etc , “ollie” “mate” , its shambolic.

Yeah its funny its the dippers but really its not a laughing matter.

Utter half wits running a multi billion pound industry
To be fair, he probably isn't miked up and isn't there to be heard, his literal only job is to do the technical stuff with the images.

He was miked up and in conversation
I haven't listened to it but it seems weird that he'd be miked up as his only communication should be with the two people in the VAR booth and not the officials at the ground. I thought that might be why he sounded muffled and indistinct, he was only heard in the background through the VAR guys microphones.

I haven't listened to it but it seems weird that he'd be miked up as his only communication should be with the two people in the VAR booth and not the officials at the ground. I thought that might be why he sounded muffled and indistinct, he was only heard in the background through the VAR guys microphones.
You should maybe listen to it…..

You know that, if whoever wins the league (and I obviously hope it's us) doesn't finish at least 3 points ahead of Liverpool that they are never ever ever going stopping banging on about how they were robbed.

I was reading one whopper the other day still whinging about how that Rodri handball at Everton cost them TWO league titles.

He went into great detail about how deservedly winning the league that season would have meant everything was completely different last year and they would have won it then aswell.

He also hadn’t got over some Kompany non sending off a couple of years before that, which robbed them of another title.

It does highlight glaring deficiencies in the process. We think this is the first time something like this has happened, but we don't know for sure. There may have been incorrect decisions due to poor comms before, but not of this magnitude.

It's no wonder they have been dragging their feet before agreeing to requests for audio to be made available.
how many close calls have they messed up and swept under carpet

Feyenoord will demand game replated if lose this

that pass was to offside player intercepted and another player scored goal given on review

Offsides - far more are correctly given nowadays than prior VAR , in fact it highlights just how wrong linesman get it wrong so often (still get the odd howler)

Red card incidences - still a matter of judgement most of time, but now a ref can hear from officials seeing the challenge from all angles and also have a look on the screen himself (still get the odd howler)

Clear diving for penalty - can’t recall a no contact clear dive this season being awarded a penalty- felt a weekly basis prior VAR with Salah, Kane, Ronaldo and co

Ball over line decisions - much more clarity with video tech

Excitement- now this one I concede is very much debatable, but I find watching games nowadays quite more exciting with VAR introduced- can also celebrate twice!

Sure there’s many more and there’s no excuses for VAR when it gets it completely wrong.
Was thinking I'd do a sensible well thought out reply but can't be arsed . Most of your post is bollix.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.