VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know exactly who i mean and its the same fella saying those words.

Its not what he said, its how he said it. Ive listened to it a few times now and his words are unclear and incoherent. He starts a sentence and doesnt finish it.

Ok fair enough its not on him. Its the other 2 clowns for clearly not watching the game but non of them come out of it well. Nobody is clear and succinct in there vocals. Talking over each other etc , “ollie” “mate” , its shambolic.

Yeah its funny its the dippers but really its not a laughing matter.

Utter half wits running a multi billion pound industry
You can see why the referees were against VAR. They don't seem to have the skillset to look the facts of an incident quickly and coherently and come to a conclusion rapidly. Maybe it is that referees have to come to an instinctual decision in real time taking into account their perception of an incident rather the actual facts presented to them in slow motion. To be fair to them, they do that instinctual thing on the whole pretty well. It's a hell of a job. But it doesn't seem to translate too well into VAR.

That Webb presents these audio snippets as some sort of proof that things are working makes me think he can't make the transition either.

Here is a question. Anfield has no screen to show the result of VAR interventions, right? In thus case, what would have been shown on the screen if they had had one? Presumably "Onside. Goal" or some such and everyone could have seen the mistake, including the players and the referee.

The words hoisted and petard come to mind.
It is shown on the scoreboard at Anfield, the corner bit that sticks out to the left of the Kop.

Boohoohoo….

Klopp: I want a replay​

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp:
"The audio did not change it at all, I was not interested in what things happened as I saw the outcome, we scored and it
did not count.
"It is really important that we deal with this in a proper way, as important football is, the ref, linesman, VR did not do this on
purpose. It was an obvious mistake, there were solutions.
"As manager of Liverpool, i want a replay, the argument against this is everyone will now demand this, but the situation is unprecedented. I do not think it will happen though.
"I think a replay is the tight thing to do, or the ref brings the two managers together at the time.
"The problem is Spurs then scored, but that is my view..."

He is the operator who actually generates the images and draws the lines the VAR requests. Also seemingly the only one of the three of them who seemed to notice anything was amiss when Tottenham took a free kick rather than kicked off to restart play. He had previously worked for Hawkeye it seems.

Think the confusion with the audio comes from the fact he starts appealing to “Ollie” when he realises the VAR and AVAR have become frozen in confusion. That “Ollie” is Michael Oliver, the 4th official.

He’s the only one who comes out of this with any credit. Perhaps they should sack the other two off and just leave it all to the only guy who seemed to know what he was doing.

How does a commercial bod have so much input and who else is in the room while all this is going on?

Boohoohoo….

"The audio did not change it at all, I was not interested in what things happened as I saw the outcome, we scored and it
did not count.
"It is really important that we deal with this in a proper way, as important football is, the ref, linesman, VR did not do this on
"As manager of Liverpool, i want a replay, the argument against this is everyone will now demand this, but the situation is unprecedented. I do not think it will happen though.
"I think a replay is the tight thing to do, or the ref brings the two managers together at the time.

What a tosser.

This whole thing has made Liverpool look (even more) stupid. They deserve no credit at all for the way they are behaving.

You can see why the referees were against VAR. They don't seem to have the skillset to look the facts of an incident quickly and coherently and come to a conclusion rapidly. Maybe it is that referees have to come to an instinctual decision in real time taking into account their perception of an incident rather the actual facts presented to them in slow motion. To be fair to them, they do that instinctual thing on the whole pretty well. It's a hell of a job. But it doesn't seem to translate too well into VAR.

That Webb presents these audio snippets as some sort of proof that things are working makes me think he does want the transition either.

Corrected

Boohoohoo….

did not count.
Although, it's not unprecedented is it Klopp?
Sheffield United scored a perfectly good goal v Villa, when the Villa keeper carried the ball into the net. Yes, this was a goal line technology error, but VAR could have stepped in and inform the ref. Why was this game not replayed when there was a major fuck up? Entitled beyond belief.

That Webb presents these audio snippets as some sort of proof that things are working makes me think he can't make the transition either.
I initially wanted VAR, i thought all the deCisions that went for the red clubs would stop. How wrong i was

Now i think most fans would have it stopped

Id personally keep it for offsides and ins n outs. Let the ref decide on field for fouls , handballs etc.
As you say, it wasnt totally wrong before

so in this case they should have said “checking for offside, the on field decision was goal” and the referee could have corrected them and told them “the on field decision was no goal”.

This mistake has never happened before, there was just a mix up on audio and it got given.
It's a freak one of out of the hundreds and hundreds offside calls since VAR.

people need to take each var incident in isolation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.