VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has.

Laughable seeing you and the other bloke straight into this thread when we get a decision in our favour.

Where have you been for the rest of this week and the usual VAR bullshit in matches?
Nowhere as this isn’t a thread for debate. It’s a thread for you to call everything bullshit and the agenda is large, real and corrupt.

The rhetoric has been turned down though since “the other bloke” had a tantrum and took his ball home.

If that had been given against us by VAR this thread would have had 70 more pages added to it.
Its a pen Neville (begrudgingly), Keane, Danny Murphy, Given, etc all said it was. I’ts the type of decision thats not given enough granted but its a clear penalty!!

Once again Gary has been allowed to get into everyone's homes and heads.
Just as he did with "tactical" fouling, he has added a prefix and the masses and media have bought it hook line and sinker! This time it's "soft" - when really it should be "nailed on". Not one person on the planet thinks it wasn't a penalty according to the rules of the game.
But yep, don't forget to add "soft", because Gary says so.
wait till dermott/webb has his say

Funny they kept saying it was soft pen but never shown the Haaland gbh he got grabbed twice and pulled back! Now Oliver had the referee look at the Rodri one in the first half why not the Haaland one? Is it because we already had a pen!? Tells me Oliver is not using var and rules right it's him thinking I can't give another one which is bad officiating in var

Its a pen Neville (begrudgingly), Keane, Danny Murphy, Given, etc all said it was. I’ts the type of decision thats not given enough granted but its a clear penalty!!
The problem is, a lot of the time nothing is given for that offence, not that what Hojlund did wasn't a foul. Which is what a lot of the whinging has been about. And I can see their point, to be honest. You watch any corner, moreso the defenders (yes, including ours); it's like a WWE tribute act, with all the grappling and holding going on. If the PL clamped down HARD on it, you'd have 3 or 4 penalties (minimum) a match. Are the authorities prepared to accept that? As for Rodri's role in it; did he "embellish" the contact? Of course he did. I remember an incident with Phil a few seasons back (against Southampton, maybe?) where he rounded the keeper who caught him on the ankle and brought him down. Phil got back up and attempted to score, but the angle had become too tight, and he missed. Did we get the penalty? No. The moral being, if you don't go down, you don't get the penalty.

Nowhere as this isn’t a thread for debate. It’s a thread for you to call everything bullshit and the agenda is large, real and corrupt.

The rhetoric has been turned down though since “the other bloke” had a tantrum and took his ball home.

I wasn’t fucking talking to you.

Boring fucker.

Take it to PM if you feel the need to chat shit to me constantly.

I wasn’t fucking talking to you.

Boring fucker.

Take it to PM if you feel the need to chat shit to me constantly.
No one put you in charge. You post something on here and people can respond to that.

I’m not responding to your as hominem nonsense.

I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than PM you, but thanks for the offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.